+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arms Warrior: Help with my bad dps.

Arms Warrior: Help with my bad dps.

I've been a prot warrior ever since I dinged 70 in BC and haven't changed to dps until Dual Spec was implemented. Tanking is easy for me... of course I've had lots more practice at that than at dpsing. I'm having tons of fun dpsing, the problem is... my dps is really bad!

Here is my armory link Thundercud - Cho'gall

I have pretty good gear, but I am stuck around 3k dps in Heroics and around 3.5-3.8k dps in raid...

I do the normal rotation... Rend>MS>OP>EX>Slam while watching for procs and refreshing Rend when it drops off. I've been told that I should be able to hit 5.5k dps easily with my gear. Could my hit/exp rating be gimping me that much or am I missing something else? Thanks for your help.

Looks like I should have posted this in the HALP forum. Could a mod please move it for me? Thank you.

You would probably do a lot more DPS if you were hit capped (264 hit rating or 8%), and also would probably be worth taking 1 point from improved execute and sticking it into weapon mastery so that you have 6.75% expertise rather than being 0.75% under the cap.

Other than that I'd expect about 5k - 5.5k dps on something like Patchwork fully 25 man raid buffed if the above were corrected. Try to get hold of Grim Toll if possible, would be a perfect way to sort out your hit problem.

One thing I can say for sure is your hit is definitely taking you down. Your hit is no where close to what it should be (264 == 8%). If you can not get it from gear gem and enchant for it. I see enough slots in your gear that you should get close to 264 pretty soon.

Your DPS would be fine in heroics as bosses are level 82 but raid bosses are level 83 and as you said yourself your DPS does not change much is a raid (with all the raid buffs warriors scale a lot) is because you are probably missing a good bit.

Also I suggest moving 1 point from improved execute to weapon mastery (or maybe both depends on what you desire) so get to Dodge cap of expertise. If you decide to move both you can drop dome expertise from your gear to get other stats.

Other than that its usually advised to go with rend glyph instead of baldestorm.

Edit: Demon got to it before me

Thanks for the tips. I never looked at Grim Toll properly so I only ever thought of it in terms of the arpen proc... not the hit... Stupid me! I'll adjust my spec too. Thanks.

If I can get my hands on Grim Toll, which trinket do you think I should replace?

Banner for sure, Greatness Proc is "very good" for any Melee DPS.

Edit: removed BiS Statement
    Last edited by gabbu; 08-31-2009 at 10:12 AM.

Thanks. I suppose Death's Choice is the new BIS though right. My guild had it drop on their first Valkyr Twins kill. I wish I got to raid more... Of course with my current dps I wouldn't be raiding as dps that's for sure.

death's choice and the algalon10 trinket are the new bis combo for arms warriors, until then its grim toll/runestone and greatness.

grim toll will solve your hit problem and give you that powerful arp proc.

as for 5.5k dps, maybe on xt.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Moved.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercud View Post
    Thanks. I suppose Death's Choice is the new BIS though right. My guild had it drop on their first Valkyr Twins kill. I wish I got to raid more... Of course with my current dps I wouldn't be raiding as dps that's for sure.
    Sorry for wrong information Its been a few weeks since I have looked at some DPS drops, my guild started having summer shortage of tanks so I was full time tanking since last 2-3 months. Thats why kinda old info on DPS drops.

But as Destruyen said Deaths Choice and Dark Matter are BiS for Arms now.

+ Reply to Thread