+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Time For Raiding?

Time For Raiding?

Hey guys, been tanking Heroics for a couple of months now, and ive also OT in Nax10 and OS10 a couple of times. Im thinking about trying to MT nax10. what do u guys think, geared enough? I would appreciate any input on spec and gear before i give this a try... Hopefully my link works The World of Warcraft Armory

P.S is there any other gear i can pick up outside of raids to help me out?

Few things,

1. Your gear definitely looks fine, though I am fairly certain there is some upgrades for you in the new Heroic- ToC (Including a weapon I think). But you can surely MT naxx 10 any day

2. You could look at dropping some hit for expertise but I assume when you get a new weapon that hit will go down?

3. I am not an expert on DK specs but you are missing Annihilation and Rhime which AFAIK are key talents of frost tree and tanks need to have them. So your spec might be in question here, as most of the tanks I know dont even take hungering cold.

Any DK experts advice please.

Cheers, i knew my expertise was under a bit, another quick question. I saved up my triumph emblems and was going to get the T9 shoulders (shouldergaurds of enduring order) Shoulderguards of Enduring Order - Item - World of Warcraft. because they do wonders for all my other stats besides expertise which im going to drop like 40. Whats your opinion, should i get them and drop out my stam gems and put in some exp ones or hold off with the shoulders till i get helm etc. To make it a little easier to compair the gear. here is the changes. +173 armor +48str +39 stam -5 def +45dodge +53 parry -42 exp +1red socket
    Last edited by Darkscourge; 09-02-2009 at 02:36 AM. Reason: pre-mature posting

The 75 badge helm has a very nice amount of expertise on it- I think it has 9 or so.

Gearwise you should probably try to spam ToC both regular and heroic. It has 5 nice tanking pieces for you:
    -Ring (26 exp), Shoulders, Weapon from Heroic
    -Trinket, Pants (56 exp) from Regular

You might consider changing 25 conquest into 25 valor to get the ring there (21 exp).

You should be utilizing your professions to get some stat benefit as well. If you have the time/money level your JC so you can get those tasty JC gems. Also if you have another toon that can mine I would swap Mining for BS to get 2 prismatic gem slots.

Spec-wise I think you might want to exchange Hungering Cold and Merciless Combat for 3/3 Annhiliation. Both of the talents that you chose are situational; having a 3% crit increase and no disease consumption on Oblit makes it too valuable to pass up. Since your primary AoE for frost will be HB, I'd drop the Glyph of DnD and pick up something else (FS maybe). Depending on your raid configuration you might also be able to free up 6 points by dropping the Improved Icy Touch line. This will enable you to pick up 3/3 Rime, and maybe Lichborne if you want it.

Naxx 10? MT? Don't sell yourself short, you can MT Nax 25, OS 25, EoE 25 and, some fights in Uldar 10 (and it's not a gear issue) e.g. we found DK's dont' do so well on Steel Breaker in IC since our healers can't cleanse/dispel (whatever) fusion punch fast enough, Pally's work better. But gearwise, you're fine.

Glyphwise, I'd chage out Obliterate for Unbreakable Armor and leave DnD (I'm a big fan of DnD for threat). On the talents I'd remove Hungering cold and 2 points in Killing Machine (or 1 in KM and I in Tundra staker) to take three in Merciless Combat. Keeping diseases up is always a good thing.

+ Reply to Thread