+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Collar of Ceaseless Torment vs Spiked Battleguard Choker

Collar of Ceaseless Torment vs Spiked Battleguard Choker

The World of Warcraft Armory

Looking for advise one which to wear. I have both and currently have been using the Collar of Ceaseless Torment. Just looking for advise on which is better for DPS for me as a Fury Warrior.

Collar of Ceaseless Torment - Item - World of Warcraft
    Spiked Battleguard Choker - Item - World of Warcraft

I'd go for Spiked Battleguard.

Collar has 97 AP, non-scaling. After Kings and Improved Zerker, Spiked Battleguard gives 171 AP. As well, the hit on Battleguard is going to help rage gen a lot. You lose 10 crit rating and a little bit more crit chance from agility, but your unbuffed crit doesn't look bad anyways.

That said, I don't know exactly how much crit chance you'd be losing, nor can I accurately place a value on the ArP, but you seem to have a lot, so maybe it would be worthwhile. You'd have to ask a better theorycrafter.

collar looks alot like the conquest neck that was bis for arms and fury pre-uld hardmodes. the hit on the spiked battleguard as fury is wasted sep, since you only need to go over the hit cap if either you have gear not good enough to support fury's rage hunger or cannot manage your rage right (weaving in imp. serker rages if specced, controlling herioc strike usage, etc). it can be a dps boost to smooth rage gen out at lower lvls, but it is still wasted sep compared to arp, str/ap, crit/agi.

i believe collar has been spreadsheeted to be bis for both specs (the 10 man heroic version that is).

i replaced my conquest badge broach of wailing night with the collar of ceaeseless torment, but im arms so not affected by the +20% str bonus fury gets with serker stance.
    Last edited by Destruyen; 09-01-2009 at 02:09 AM.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

+ Reply to Thread