+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Race to tank as?

Best Race to tank as?

Hi, this is my first Thread, and my english is not at the top :s so Im sorry if I spell wrong or use some wrong words.

Anyways, I have been looking the most Forums I could find about Warriors thru, but I just donīt see a single one that describe the thing I need.

I have always been Horde tank (tauren) But I started in a new school, and they found my tanking ability quite good, so they said "Hey! Why donīt you join our guild?", I said "Thatīs fine with me", I was super glad about getting a new guild
    -But ofcourse there was a flip side... all of them played on a different server than me, and they are Alliance.. I have never played Alliance.

-But ! I have been trying to do some Math around what would be the best race to tank as, and my choise is between Dwarf or Human. Mostly because Humas has the racial :Every man for himself, and +10% rep
    Dwarf has the racial :Stoneform
    -But from the encounters I have tanked it is more usefull to be abel to be "sane" than stop Bleed and Poisen + 10% armor.

And I also took a look at the skema over Stam, Agi, Strength, Armor, and HP
    For me it looks like Dwarfs will be abel to get a little more Health in the high end because of the major lead from the beginning and the stam advanage, but Humans will get more Armor and avoidanse.

-So My question to you at Tankspot.com : What is the best race to tank as? when you think about the Racials too.

I vote Night Elf (Dodge) or Human for the Expertise/everyman/rep

I play a dwarf and stoneform is nice but not game changing

i would say night elf from a min/max perspective, but human for easier rep grind (grinding rep on one toon is one thing, but doing it all over again on an alt is /wrists) and an option to have good dps racials if you find yourself dps'ing a few runs while you gear up your tank set. every man for himself is a pvp-only racial (like will of the forsaken for undead) when you are comparing racials. it is very very situational in a pve environment that it isn't even worth mentioning unless you do serious arenas as well.

if i were to re-roll from my tauren warrior, it would be orc first choice then human as second (i'm main spec dps though and orc have probably the best dps racials).
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Just wondering why Warrior over Paladin, Druid or Death Knight?

If your Tauren is lvl 55+ you could just make a DK on the server your friends play on, you will start at a higher lvl and can spec into tanking.

As far as picking a race....I play a human warrior/paladin/DK and a night elf druid. (trying to get 1 of each of the tanking classes)

Their isnt a better or best "race" for tanking when picking one, in my opinion anyways

Hey there!

There is no such thing as a free lunch... there is no such thing as a best race... it's all a tradeoff!

But since you will be levelling a new toon and grinding all that reputation (e.g. sons of Hodir) I would vote human.

Minmaxing is a different story but I leave that to someone more knowledgeable... :-)

Cheers!
    Skaggi

Most good abilities are siuational. It's not going to affE t most things but a free trinket is nice. The NE racial is now 2% miss which is a big upgrade from the old dodge buff. Gnomes are probably the worst race for it

Dwarfs! Cuz they're short!
    Tineg
    -something witty here-

My Warrior is lvl 80, and I already Got a Lvl 80 DK, but they are 1) to boring to Tank, because DK tanking is all about knowing the encounter and then have some situration awareness. and 2) They allready got a DK tank, they need a warrior But I can Ask them if I can Roll DK

-But as I see it, you say: Human if I want fast Rep, No need for Every man for himself. Dwarf cuz they are short, NO GNOME ! (I hate devastete your kneecaps) Night Elfs because of 2% avoidance which is great !

If I can do DK Tank Iīll Roll NE cuz of 2% avoidance
    If I Roll Warrior I Guess itīs going to be NE Too, because I will only need to farm dailies for SoH. So the + 10% rep is not that much..

Thanks anyways! But If you got more suggdestions then feel free to post them

And To RedNeck6979, Warrior because I have played it since 7 days before Opening of AQ So I pretty much know how to do Drood has never been my strong side as anything other than Healer, even though healing is more fun from my opinion as Priest. I already do DK tanking And Paladin is just 969 rotation, I like the idea of being abel to pull as Hobbs, and make huge gold!, but Frankly I think pala is alittle "Look at me, im 10 years old and I can tank a whole instance without knowing what im doing" (NO OFFENCE Palas!)

Quote Originally Posted by IMightBeTheGuyWhoPownedU View Post
    Warrior because I have played it since 7 days before Opening of AQ So I pretty much know how to do .........
    ....And Paladin is just 969 rotation, I like the idea of being abel to pull as Hobbs, and make huge gold!, but Frankly I think pala is alittle "Look at me, im 10 years old and I can tank a whole instance without knowing what im doing" (NO OFFENCE Palas!)
    lol yeh, i have 3 warriors (80, 70, and 29), because i love the playstyle so much and know what the hell im doing.

and lol @ pala remark.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

+ Reply to Thread