+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why no Coliseum 25m normal tank weapons?

Why no Coliseum 25m normal tank weapons?

I don't see why there is a complete lack of one single 25m normal Coliseum tank weapon... any ideas?

I think there are weapon upgrades for both DPS and for Healers but nothing for tanks, why would that be? We are getting down to the last boss in normal Coliseum next week and still no updates on the issue so I can only think they intend it to be this way but I have no idea why.

If Bliz states that they want people to enjoy 10 and 25 man raiding and also like the separation between normal and 'hardmode' heroic versions why would they require 25 man raids to do the heroic version to see 1 single weapon upgrade? Seems like they messed up the loot tables.

10 man has a weapon version for both normal (Ardent Guard - Items - Sigrie) and heroic (Ardent Guard - Items - Sigrie), yet 25 man is missing a normal version and only providing a heroic upgrade (Ogrim's Deflector - Items - Sigrie). Very odd.

We don't really have any way of knowing Blizzard's motivation for this. I sort of doubt it's a simple fudge-up. Maybe Blizzard wanted to add some incentive for tanks to venture into either the 10-man version or the 25-man hard modes? Perhaps they felt the current selection of tanking weapons was plentiful enough (there is not really a direct shortage)?

The reason for Ardent Guard having both a heroic and normal version and not Ogrim's Deflector is because the latter is dropped from the tribute chest at the end of a heroic run. There is no tribute chest in non-heroic.

Might as well keep going for XT hardmode tank mace, unless you are 25 people all 100% raiders you are screwed for the hardmode sword : /

There are only 5 encounters and I don't see how they can cover every slot apart from getting even bigger number of drops/boss, which ofcourse is nice but not realistic.

Considering there are 30 1 handed DPS weapons ilvl 245 or above I fail to see how they couldn't adjust loot tables to include 1 tank weapon in normal 25 man Coliseum.

Regarding shortages there isn't a tank axe in all of Ulduar and all of Coliseum on any difficulty = shortage

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelnut View Post
    Regarding shortages there isn't a tank axe in all of Ulduar and all of Coliseum on any difficulty = shortage
    ToC gear has plenty of expertise on it, you can safely replace Last Laugh with XT-002 HM mace and not have to worry about losing that racial bonus.
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU

If it ever drops.

Protip: Need a new MH? get a strong, slow dps one. Enjoy your threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Risky View Post
    If it ever drops.

Protip: Need a new MH? get a strong, slow dps one. Enjoy your threat.
    Too bad threat has become a complete non-issue, at least for me.

I've recently been pulling agro off of our pally tank on single-target fights, just from spamming devastate (with the glyph) and shield slam. It's really funny how frequently it happens actually. Makes me kinda wanna shout L2P to our pally. This makes me really want to just stack as many defensive stats as possible, and the lack of any good tanking weapons is a huge thorn in the side of that plan.

+ Reply to Thread