Life Long Tank Needs DPS Offspec Halp!
So I have been a tank for around 3 years. Not only that but the Main Tank for my guild. Well times have changed and that guild dissolved when the GM hung up his hat. Now I am in a new guild. They have an established MT so I am slotted as an OT.
As a good OT I feel I should have a DPS spec as my secondary spec (right now I'm duel prot, progression/threat) for single tank encounters.
Im looking for advice on a few things since I have never seriously DPS'd in a raid or kept up with the changes as they pertain to DPS. Like the title says Ive been a tank for life.
1) MS or Titan Grip? Any suggestions for a spec?
2) What are my primary goals for stats and in what order should I prioritize them?
- Reach hit cap? (is it more than 8% w/Titan Grip?)
- Reach exp. cap?
- Focus on Crit?
- Focus on AP?
3) What kind of rotation should I be working with?
4) Any helpful tips you would like to share?
I really appreciate any constructive feed back from the community here.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.