+ Reply to Thread

Thread: not sure what i'm doing wrong

not sure what i'm doing wrong

i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong there are times where i get completly stomped in heroics i have enough defense and health but i still have dificulity staying up and once in a wile keeping threat and advice would help heres a link to my armory

The World of Warcraft Armory

Can you give some more info as to what you die from?
    Like how many mobs you are tanking when you get stomped. Does it happen with the same healer or all healers? Do you turn your back towards npc's? That sort of things. Just the armory link doesn't say much at all.
    Can't say much about your gear. You just need to know what you are capable of tanking and what your healer is capable of healing.

Having a mod that records deaths is a nice way to find out what exactly happened. Something like recount.

i died in h ok with my guild leaders shammy alt healing his main is the guilds main tank he showed the numbers he looked like he was doing enough healing but the night before i did a train with a few healers changing in and out and the train moved and i dident die much in truth i came and asked because quite a few of my guild members decided to chew me out as i was tanking it and told me to do some reserch on dk tanking is it me or is it something else and i don't turn my back to mobs atleast i don't think i do

What rotos are you using, and do you have rune strike macro'd? if you dont, macro rune strike onto HB PS IT OB and so forth so you never miss it. other than that you just gotta stay on your toes, use cds when needed and if ur keepin threat and dpsin fine and you keep dyin id start lookin at the healers, dks are a lil bit diff to heal than other classes.
    Single tar- IT/HB, BS,BS,OB,OB,OB use HB when its up or when u get a free one.
    Multi tar- HB, DnD(personal choice), same as single.

Im no expert though so dont quote me

Like IrTank stated,

Make sure to macro in Rune Strike with all your attacks. I personally dont even have Rune Strike on my UI.

For example, my Frost Strike has Rune Strike macroed in:

(I picked the Frost Strike logo for the macro)
    /cast Rune Strike
    /Cast Frost Strike

DKs are the newest tanking class, therefore the one most unknown to heal. Warriors and paladins take smoother but higher dmg, and druids are huge HP pools/dodge nazis... My DK has imp IBF (21 seconds), UA, and my JC dodge trinket, So for every 60 seconds, I have 50 worth of CDs going. Always blow your CDs, because they arnt Last stand or Shield wall...they only have 1-2 min CDs.

The type of CDs we have, the larger HP pool (not by much) and the armor bonuses makes us an almost hybrid tank...taking in some good things (and bad) from the other tanks... That said, we also have an odd downfall. DKs (as with mine) have a bad tendency to have Spikey DMG against.. One minute I am dodge, dodge, parry, miss, miss, parry, 1k.... then for 30 seconds I am getting hit, 5k, 5k, 5k, 6k.... our dmg is not constant, therefore a problem for healers who are use to hitting Flash heal every 3 seconds, then a random Gheal.. Healers cannot follow a pattern when healing a DK because one minute they are overhealing us for 20k, then the next underhealing us for 10k. Just a mechanic.

I am in no way saying your healers are bad, or you are a bad tank... just things to take into consideration besides the "I have 540 def why do i suck/why do healers hate me so much" questions.

Hope this helps!!

Velanor of Insomniax, 80 DK, Doomhammer
    32871 HP
    24.69% Dodge
    19.96% Parry
    13/51/7

13/51/7

+ Reply to Thread