+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DK Blood tanking Gem and enchant help

DK Blood tanking Gem and enchant help

Good Day

Sorry if this has already been discussed but its my 1st time on the forum and I looked through previous posts but couldnt see anything relating to my question.

I recently switched mains from my priest which I have been raiding on for 3 years to my DK tanking, so im constantly looking for new information and answers to some problems

At the moment I have 36k unbuffed health tanking in blood, I have 256 hit and 9 perc expertise. My gemming atm is popping 30 stam gems in blue slots and 10 Strenght 15 stam gems in the red slots. I am also way over def capped standing on 550 atm, with no gems for deffense. The only enchant I have for defense is the one on my back.

My questions are:

1. According to the other tanks in the guild I need to gem 30 stam in all slots, so instead of the Strenght Stam gem I need to pop 30 stam in all those red slots as well. Now according to me when calculating the gem bonus I will gain about 150 health but loose on 30 strenght, so is this a better idea then my current gemming?

2. I always put + 10 to all stats on my chest, but the other tanks inform me that 275 enchant is a better choise, once again Im not sure about this?

3. what enchant will be better then the 16 def on my back if I am way over the def cap, will the agility be better then 16 def rating?

I dont really have alot of different sets for diffirent situations like a trash set and boss set, so i try to optimise my current gear for all situautions.

Any input would be highly appreciated, thanks for your time

Leave the +10 to stats on the chest. If you can afford to lose the defense from the SoH enchant on the shoulders, pick up the +30 stam PvP enchant.

You don't need to stack strength as a tank. Stack stam, make sure you are at the hit cap of 8%, and be as close as possible to the soft cap of 26 expertise.

Thanks for the reply, I did actually replace the SoH enchant with the PvP one a few weeks ago.

I will changed my chest enchant to 275 health and start replacing my red gems with pure stam gems as well

+ Reply to Thread