+ Reply to Thread

Thread: T9 set bonus and expertise question

T9 set bonus and expertise question

I'm after a bit of advice if possible.

my armory: The World of Warcraft Armory

I recently got the T9 set bonus (2) and am pleased with the 6% extra ArP which should take me up to 86% passive including battle stance around 92% with food and elixier. When i equip the 2 set pieces, my ArP doesnt increase on the tool tip, so i'm assuming its added on to the 10% from battle stance which also doesn't show?

Second question, im running at the moment with 19 expertise (with talents), i realise of course this is under the cap of 26. Do other warriors undercap and dps from behind as much as possible? i can swap gear out, but i've found undercapping expertise and putting the stats elsewhere seems to ncrease my dps. Of course there are some bosses where this is impossible, so i normally do a slight gear change. what are people's thoughts?

-> The Character sheet will only show you ArP directly from gear. if you want you real ArP number just add 16% to it or plug in your toon into RAWR or something similar.

-> This is a debatable issue, most of the people would say 26 expertise or go home but the real issues/deal is dodge is RNG and most of the raiders will try to remove whatever RNG they can from their DPS so is the 26 expertise requirement. Realistically speaking after 19 expertise the chance to be dodged are merely 2%(maybe wrong so excuse please) which may happen more in some fights and less in others. Also low expertise as arms wont hurt you as bad as being low expertise as fury. Most of my raiding DPS experience is as FURY and I can definitely tell you after getting at 26 expertise I could definitely see an increase in my DPS.

It also depends upon what you are raiding, hard modes where you need every bit of DPS less expertise is bad. So my advice get 26 as soon as you can but dont sweat over it unless you are doing hard modes/progression content.

Quote Originally Posted by paratus View Post
    Second question, im running at the moment with 19 expertise (with talents), i realise of course this is under the cap of 26. Do other warriors undercap and dps from behind as much as possible? ?
    26 expertise is the cap for attacking from behind, it's the amount needed to remove dodges. The cap to remove parries (i.e. attacking from the front) is something like 54 expertise.. 14% reduction. And yeah, you really should shoot to cap it at 26 (18 + talents), don't be afraid to gem for it as point for point expertise is worth more than str until capped.

Probably better in HALP forum.

Moved.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

with weapon mastery 2/2 u should only need 18 expertise. the talent provides the remaining 2% dodge reduction to take u to 6.5%

+ Reply to Thread