+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for a gear list

Looking for a gear list

Is there a new bis gear list for druid tanks? i cant seem to find one

Look on EJ in the Feral by Night thread on the druids forum. The OP is updated.

The Cat part is updated but im looking for a bear list, i guess i should have specified. The formula he has to go with wowhead for bears pull up the ToC loot but its a bad formula for bears so it doesnt really help much

As a general obsevation, unlike pre-ulduar days, there aren't as many clear cut bear items available. Basically, look for items with lots of gem slots and gem/enchant appropriately for a bear. Also, you will notice as compared to nax gear, ulduar gear has a more equalized agi to stam ratio, whereas some pre-ulduar gear had clearly oodles of stam and a bit of agi.

I see this as being a return to the TBC days where Tier gear was pretty much required for tanking. The alternatives sucked, due to rogue compatibility requirements. Good news is that if you do get rogue gear, dodge and crit will go up nicely.

Rawr is probably your best bet for a clear cut "bis" list. However, in my experience, rawr's rankings place certain items higher than I personally would. If you want a list to base your decisions on, just download rawr, but keep in mind that for tanking, you will probably want to swap certain pieces depending on circumstances and other slots.

Look towards the bottom of the OP, there is are links to bear gear. Note that becaue of the treatment of armor bonuses, there has to be separate lists - 1 for leather armor, 1 for rings/trinks/cape/neck, and 1 for weapons. Apparently though capes are about to be moved to the leather section, so watch out for some changes to the ranking of the naxx capes.

Edit - it is not a bad ranking, the only criticism I have heard is that he overvalues expertise, but I am not sure the criticism is valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukk View Post
    Look towards the bottom of the OP, there is are links to bear gear. Note that becaue of the treatment of armor bonuses, there has to be separate lists - 1 for leather armor, 1 for rings/trinks/cape/neck, and 1 for weapons. Apparently though capes are about to be moved to the leather section, so watch out for some changes to the ranking of the naxx capes.

Edit - it is not a bad ranking, the only criticism I have heard is that he overvalues expertise, but I am not sure the criticism is valid.
    its a very valid criticism it puts Belt of the Twilight Assassin above Death-warmed Belt and when you devalue expertise it puts Death as 2nd bis for ulduar and drops the assassin belt to the bottom of the ulduar gear

+ Reply to Thread