+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tanking Enchants/Gems and such

Tanking Enchants/Gems and such

Hello im the retired off tank for my guild. While im retired im working on building my set even better than it was during the time i have. Could you all please give my armory a peak
    The World of Warcraft Armory

Suggest any Enchant upgrades or missing, Better gemming or even a gear upgrade or two. And i will be getting my t8.5 chest in the comming days. Please take that into conceration.

You have nice enchants and gems, gust get those gloves enchanted, as a DK tank you need to be Def Capped (which you are) and get some parry! Other than that you look fine.
    Arghal|Orc Hunter|80|Korgath
    I'm on a boat, doing flips n' $&!%

One thing I want to clarify is that I believe Elephants is just being silly about the parry. One thing you do not want to do is get more parry at the expense of any other stat unless you've already stacked too much dodge and are hitting massive diminishing returns.

I would get rid of the +10 stats on your chest in place of 250HP from a strictly tank perspective but either way, its all semantics on that. Get rid of your 20 strength gem in your pants and gloves. You can ALWAYS make it easier to tank, just gem/chant/gear to tank as much as possible. Your dps isn't going to be broken by taking away a 20str gem and replacing it with a hybrid stam gem or a striaght epic stam gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Novalok View Post
    Hello im the retired off tank for my guild. While im retired im working on building my set even better than it was during the time i have. Could you all please give my armory a peak
    The World of Warcraft Armory

Suggest any Enchant upgrades or missing, Better gemming or even a gear upgrade or two. And i will be getting my t8.5 chest in the comming days. Please take that into conceration.
    Most tanks I believe would switch your head enchant with the Argent Crusade tank enchant. Your shoulders are unenchanted - this can be remedied by levelling up inscription or getting honored/exalted with sons of hodir. Your defense is 548, since the necessary cap is 540 defense I would recommend replacing your cloak enchant with the armor enchant - this will increase your TTD (time to death). For your chestpiece I agree with the poster above - health is generally more effective for a tank than 10 stats.

Gloves are a bit more tricky - you have stam on your gloves and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. BUT, if you find yourself low on threat I would replace it with the "armsmen" enchant, which will boost your threat by 2%. Replace those strength gems and you should be good to go. I recommend pure stamina, but hit/stam, exp/stam, and dodge stam are common choices as well.

Now, on a more subtle note your high defense rating could be remedied by replacing your trinket. Essence of Gossamer or any Ulduar 10 gem could be a good option. This is not strictly necessary, but to get the most out of your ILVL of gear stacking defense past 540 is inefficient. By doing the daily heroic you should be able to get the Emblem of Triumph relic within two weeks.

Your spec is very standard. Glyph of Vamp Blood, and the talent epidemic are the only things I would consider adding, but I should reiterate - spec and glyph choices should be based on what's most important to your situation.

+ Reply to Thread