+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Death Knight tank, healers compaining

Death Knight tank, healers compaining

I've tanked as a DK casually for a good while now, and I know there was a lot of talk about them being overpowered pre 3.2 and a nerf followed. This was probably necessary.
    However, I'm getting knocked about something awful just in 5 mans. My healers are complaining I'm taking too much damage. I watch my life bar and it's depleting pretty rapidly.

Anyone else having this problem, or know what I'm doing wrong?

Link to my armory The World of Warcraft Armory
    I know Ive got a lot of threat gems, but I should be more then adequately geared to tank 5 man heroics.

Tanking

Hi Mate

welcome to the wonderfull world of DK tanking. At first glance you missing a few enchants and possible incorrect enchants.

This could possible be due to lack of gold etc, we all have this problem at some stage.

1. Shoulder
    2. Boots
    3. Bracers

The World of Warcraft Armory

I would put +22 stam on your boots, get rep so you can get the shoulder defense enchant (relics), and get some def on your bracers.

Then you can start freeing up the defense gems and replace them with +30 stam if you can afford it. Also replace the +24 stam with +30 if funds permit.

Possible go for armsman on the gloves.

Start grinding TOC normal and Heroic, you soon get some good gear replacement pretty easy.

Apart from that, I might be worth saving your gold till you got some conqest gear, or you be re geming and enchanting all over the place.

May be look at BS for the extra sockets on gloves, bracers and belt, you have JC so thoses to combined you get a pretty good health stack.

Your talents a bit strange, have a look at my armory as an example, I'm not saying its the best out there, but it does me well and suits my play style. Your glyphs may need some work, probably disease is a waste as you are using HB, and death and decay.

I really dont use death and decay that much, as i find HB does a fine job, and may pop death and decay now and again. I never use it on initail pull anymore, move of a get back here dump.

We are all here to help, so keep asking questions, we all learn by this.

DD

+ Reply to Thread