+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What to aim for when customizing your UI

Hey galdor

love the UI ... is there a way that we can download all of your addons in one go with your settings?

Galdor could you please post a link to download ranttooltip as i cant seem to download it off of curse?... thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gloiden View Post
    Galdor could you please post a link to download ranttooltip as i cant seem to download it off of curse?... thanks
    RantTooltip : WoWInterface Downloads : ToolTip
    Wow Interface. Greater than curse in almost every way

Thankyou very much been looking for it everywhere. and will have to give Wow interface a try :-) thanks

Well this is some very good advice. Sticky!

Edit: damnit someone already done stuck it....

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I'm always looking to improve my UI, so I'm asking you, what do you think could be done better?:

Already thinking of dropping the char frames down a bit, get the sct a bit further away from the middle and installed pError.

Great details for addons. I was searching for the Grid addon to make my life easier.

Thankyou!

nicely done!
    Only 1 thing tho,

I get a statustext into my chat... something like: The headless horsemen parried you attack

Do you know anything about it?
    Last edited by Kaith; 10-24-2009 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaith View Post
    nicely done!
    Only 1 thing tho,

I get a statustext into my chat... something like: The headless horsemen parried you attack

Do you know anything about it?
    pError : WoWInterface Downloads : Graphic UI Mods

FAQ:
    How do I filter more errors?
    Simple, just use the '/perror' slash command to add error strings.
    Example: '/perror spell is not ready yet'

How do I remove error filters?
    Just use the '/perror' slash command like you added it.

How can I see what errors I filter out?
    Use '/perror list' and the saved list will be printed out.

How can I reset the whole list?
    Use '/perror reset' to reset the database.

Galdor, could you offer your advice on my UI? Thanks
    Also, does anyone know how to get rid of those Location messages ("Warsong Lumber Mill" as seen above)
    Thanks in advance to everyones input!

EDIT: Cooldown bar at top has since been removed, omen is that black space between Recount and Action Bars, skill names and resisted text in battle text has been removed, skill names in battle text have been abbreviated,

Quote Originally Posted by dhcabinian View Post

Galdor, could you offer your advice on my UI? Thanks
    Also, does anyone know how to get rid of those Location messages ("Warsong Lumber Mill" as seen above)
    Thanks in advance to everyones input!

EDIT: Cooldown bar at top has since been removed, omen is that black space between Recount and Action Bars, skill names and resisted text in battle text has been removed, skill names in battle text have been abbreviated,
    You should clear more things from UI. Too much cooldowns and messages. You have 3 dupplicate cooldown timers for skills.
    Clean the top of your UI. Get bufs/debufs icons with number as remaining time. No need to have cooldown bar for every buff/debuff you get.

Also grid is not the center of the world for you as a DPS/Tank, you can move it on one side over target icons or where your tooltip is atm. You can remove gray background also.
    Clean your combat text and align it left part to the left, right to the right, so your text wont go offscreen.

Clean the whole UI. Looks messy atm. You dont need so much addons. You have pretty good PC, or you lag a lot.. If second one is true - get rid of some addons, and consider removing recount if nothing else helps.

Thats on first glance Hope it helps.
    Last edited by Galdor; 11-02-2009 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    You should clear more things from UI. Too much cooldowns and messages. You have 3 dupplicate cooldown timers for skills.
    Clean the top of your UI. Get bufs/debufs icons with number as remaining time. No need to have cooldown bar for every buff/debuff you get.

Also grid is not the center of the world for you as a DPS/Tank, you can move it on one side over target icons or where your tooltip is atm. You can remove gray background also.
    Clean your combat text and align it left part to the left, right to the right, so your text wont go offscreen.

Clean the whole UI. Looks messy atm. You dont need so much addons. You have pretty good PC, or you lag a lot.. If second one is true - get rid of some addons, and consider removing recount if nothing else helps.

Thats on first glance Hope it helps.

Once again, thanks for the feedback Galdor! Your one of the first people to give me advice ! I have removed the extra cooldown bars leaving only one at the bottom, Combat text has since been abbreviated and centered for each side, I am willing to get rid of those buff bars for icons but cannot find a suitable replacement (a suggestion would be awesome), the black background at bottom is not kgpanels as I think your suggesting, its CBH viewport and its the only way to full maximize my screen size , any suggestions on a replacement tooltip and any other things you have not already mentioned would be helpful. As a tank do you think that having recount as part of your basic UI is a good thing to do? Just throwing that out there.

Oh and btw I dont lag much cause i have a Mac Pro

hey cool its nice, got a few questions tho,

in the combat shot you have buttons to the right of the target showing his defuffs. What are they?

also what do you use for your mouse over item . Where it shows u the target ect. you have it above your chat window, and in the non combat on its showing "Quest Log"

Quote Originally Posted by kingymech View Post

in the combat shot you have buttons to the right of the target showing his defuffs. What are they?

also what do you use for your mouse over item . Where it shows u the target ect. you have it above your chat window, and in the non combat on its showing "Quest Log"
    Its a tooltip called CowTip. I think it is available on curse but definitely on Wowinterface.com

ah sweet ill have a look, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kingymech View Post

RantTooltip - very light, but not so flexible.
    <- this is mentioned in my guide. There are loads of tooltip addons, just search and find the best for you. Personaly i like them clean and rant can give me that - no border/flat simple tooltip that i can move and anchor where i like.
    Last edited by Galdor; 11-09-2009 at 03:52 AM.

Once again, thanks for the feedback Galdor! Your one of the first people to give me advice ! I have removed the extra cooldown bars leaving only one at the bottom, Combat text has since been abbreviated and centered for each side, I am willing to get rid of those buff bars for icons but cannot find a suitable replacement (a suggestion would be awesome), the black background at bottom is not kgpanels as I think your suggesting, its CBH viewport and its the only way to full maximize my screen size , any suggestions on a replacement tooltip and any other things you have not already mentioned would be helpful. As a tank do you think that having recount as part of your basic UI is a good thing to do? Just throwing that out there.

Oh and btw I dont lag much cause i have a Mac Pro
    You got me wrong for the gray background - it was for Grid background.
    I used Bison, that was out of date but still worked for me (not sure now). Its very light, representing Blizz default buf/debuf fames that you can move/resize.
    As for recount, you dont need it if you have omen as a threat meter. You can still have it, but hide it when you are in combat if you cant find place for it for expample.
    Last edited by Galdor; 11-13-2009 at 12:51 AM.

Thanks for the quick reply Glador!(<--- think I misspelled that sorry in advance)

This is just a question for all those reading this forum who might have the solution to the problem. Though Glador(<---Ince again, sorry) suggests using FortexCorctist for the targets debuffs, as a deathknight, my attacks rely on my diseases and its hard to see when all the curses locks have on the target, or all the other stuff people place on the boss. I have not found the solution to my problem in Forte and am looking for a buff/debuff addon for targets that shows only your debuffs that you place upon the target and also allows you to add in some such as when demo roar/shout falls off that is a need to know thing.

Thanks for the quick reply Glador!(<--- think I misspelled that sorry in advance)

This is just a question for all those reading this forum who might have the solution to the problem. Though Glador(<---Ince again, sorry) suggests using FortexCorctist for the targets debuffs, as a deathknight, my attacks rely on my diseases and its hard to see when all the curses locks have on the target, or all the other stuff people place on the boss. I have not found the solution to my problem in Forte and am looking for a buff/debuff addon for targets that shows only your debuffs that you place upon the target and also allows you to add in some such as when demo roar/shout falls off that is a need to know thing.
    Use Magicrunes and disable everything but the disease tracker. Or, use Auracle. Both solutions have worked for me at various times.

Hey, Galdor!
    Any advice on the new UI?

+ Reply to Thread