+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What to aim for when customizing your UI

Nice I am going to bug one more time about Titan what use is it ?

Thanks,

I will try to post mine not as clean but continual work on progress.

Thanks again for your time on the post.

I do not use Titan panel. I used it at BC, but now i cant find anything that i need from it.

Great Topic, great job! I'll be posting this to my guild!

I'm a huge fan of custom UI's and this definitely showed some things that I could use.

Fantastic Galdor 2 thumbs up!

Galdor,

I keep asking....... I tried to set up Aloft like you said but I am not seeing that option.

I do have it set up for showing threat on players but do not see how to set up Aggro on the Mobs bars.

Anyway can you please take a screen shot of your water fall set up for Aloft would be much apprieciated.

Also any tips for oRA2?
    Last edited by HDEagle71; 08-29-2009 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HDEagle71 View Post
    Galdor,

I keep asking....... I tried to set up Aloft like you said but I am not seeing that option.

I do have it set up for showing threat on players but do not see how to set up Aggro on the Mobs bars.

Anyway to take a screen show of you interface for Aloft would be much apprieciated.

Also any tips for oRA2?

You dont need the module AloftThreat for that, i have disabled most all of the modules to lower the load (aloft can drop your fps rediciously in 25 man raids and a lot of mobs).

What you need to do is - default aloft installation, type /aloft waterfall
    go to nameplate glow, check enable, check use health bar, check overide color. Then go to Threat status colors and choose colors for Over-Nuking, Loosing threat and Tanking securely.

As for your second questions, ora2 - its raiders tool, you can have MTanks targets, assist targets, ready checks, votes, reagent checks and so on. In our guild its a must have to enter a raid.

Nice guide love it a lot of people should use this guide, thanks for sharing

What gives you the little window above your chat box showing the target aggro details in combat and your quest log out of combat?

Quote Originally Posted by Tatou View Post
    What gives you the little window above your chat box showing the target aggro details in combat and your quest log out of combat?
    Thats rant tooltip. But i have removed everything the addon adds, as borders, coloring and ohter unuseful for me information, to get it more tiny and simple.

Hey, great guide, took some time out yesterday to configure my UI so that it slightly resembled the one you have. Worked great in Ulduar. Only thing I can't seem to figure out is that once I installed that ForteX thingie, I have a casting bar in the middle of my screen whenever I HS or channel something. Granted I don't do that too often while tanking, but I still find it a little bothering.

:EDIT:

Also, the castbar of your target. Are you using SUF to get it up there or is it part of one of the other addons?
    Last edited by Naraoth; 09-04-2009 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naraoth View Post
    Hey, great guide, took some time out yesterday to configure my UI so that it slightly resembled the one you have. Worked great in Ulduar. Only thing I can't seem to figure out is that once I installed that ForteX thingie, I have a casting bar in the middle of my screen whenever I HS or channel something. Granted I don't do that too often while tanking, but I still find it a little bothering.

:EDIT:

Also, the castbar of your target. Are you using SUF to get it up there or is it part of one of the other addons?
    For casting bars, mine, target and focus i use quartz. I also use swing from it, everything other is disabled.

As for forte casting bar, should be something you can disable, its pretty easy to config even if it looks a bit too much settings at first, but you have to read every part of the setup gui. If you still have a trouble i will look onto it.

Ahh, cool. I'll use Quartz then, couldn't really see when the mobs were casting with SUF.

And that casting bar in the middle of the screen was a part of Dominos.. really should have figured that out. Thanks for the help, though.

I have another question.

You pointed out the Grid allows you to see your buffs etc.

However when I went to configure that part of grid the buffs that I could enable where no ones my Paladin could cast.

I did not see anything in the advanced settings either. Does this only work for certain classes?

Thanks,

great post, thanks it has helped me finalize my ui. ty

Quote Originally Posted by HDEagle71 View Post
    I did not see anything in the advanced settings either. Does this only work for certain classes?
    Check on the list item above the individual buffs, there is a field there to enter the name to create a new buff. Just remember the name has to be the name of the buff/debuff, not of the spell casting it.
    SQUEAK.
    -- (The Death of Rats, Terry Pratchett, Soul Music)

How do I disable the "that ability is not ready text"?

A lot of options, I use ErrorMonster to disable those. And a bunch of others. ^_^
    SQUEAK.
    -- (The Death of Rats, Terry Pratchett, Soul Music)

Quote Originally Posted by Silentslayer View Post
    How do I disable the "that ability is not ready text"?
    Its in my post..
    pError - Ignore spam messages as Not enough mana!

Are you using SUF for the Target Buffs, by the way? I've been trying to figure out how to set it up the way you have, but no luck so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Naraoth View Post
    Are you using SUF for the Target Buffs, by the way? I've been trying to figure out how to set it up the way you have, but no luck so far.
    Curently my target buffs are shown over target castbar, limited to 6 and made pretty big, so i can see those in time (some boss buffs require appropriate action right in time).

Ah, okay. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread