+ Reply to Thread

Thread: feral dps executioner vs. berserker

feral dps executioner vs. berserker

I don't get into the mathcraft, at all. Which enchant is better, executioner or berserker? One con I found for zerker is that if it is procced and you apply rake you cannot refresh rake when zerker's isn't procced. I lost a fair amount of dps reapplying rake only to find that it wasn't working. It took me a while to figure out what was goin on, if my mods were broke or what. Right now I settled on executioner and haven't had the same problem. Any thoughts?

I do not have an arp proc trinket, so exe procs do not put me over the cap. What are you other cats using and why?
    Wise men say "forgiveness is divine," but never pay full price for late pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalhaze View Post
    I don't get into the mathcraft, at all. Which enchant is better, executioner or berserker? One con I found for zerker is that if it is procced and you apply rake you cannot refresh rake when zerker's isn't procced. I lost a fair amount of dps reapplying rake only to find that it wasn't working. It took me a while to figure out what was goin on, if my mods were broke or what. Right now I settled on executioner and haven't had the same problem. Any thoughts?

I do not have an arp proc trinket, so exe procs do not put me over the cap. What are you other cats using and why?

just one, why are you reapplying rake before it ends. You should never do that.

also I use mongoose because sometimes I want my dps weapon to be my tanking weapon for heroics or if I am offtanking.

I reapply rake if there is less than 2 seconds left on the dot and based on my energy. If instead I shred and rake falls off, there's a couple seconds of dead dot time I try to avoid.

I have a tank and dps weapon for each set. Marrowstrike for dps and Twisted Visage for tanking (which has goose on it).

At Ulduar gear levels, mongoose is better dps than berserker, which is better than executioner. Once your Armor Penetration reaches a certain level Executioner becomes better again, but that is generally when you can reach 960 static Armor Penetration and drop Grim Toll or Mjolnir Runestone. I have not seen any math exploring whether Executioner may be better at your levels of ArPen, without using GT/MR.

My advice gear-wise would be to drop some hit from your gear and use Twisted Visage with mongoose for tanking and dps. Buy the Proto-Hide Leggings off the AH, which drops your hit. It also gives you some expertise, so you can drop that expertise trinket and get Banner of Victory from Hero ToC.

Finally, you will see a significant dps increase if you let Rake expire. Rake is not a constant DoT, it has "ticks" that do damage every three seconds. It ticks one last time just before expiring, so by refreshing it before it runs out you are drastically lowering the damager per energy value of Rake. You are depriving yourself of the very DoT that you claim to be trying to preserve. Let it fall off, then reapply it. Every time.

I see what you mean about rake, that definitely makes more sense. Thanks, this helps a lot.

+ Reply to Thread