+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paly gear and mechanics???

Paly gear and mechanics???

I have been a paly tank for close to 2 years now and i am noticing that alot of the gear now is going generally towards Parry and Dodge and moving away from shield block rating and value. should i as a paly tank start collecting parry and dodge gear? i have 70 triumph badges but i havent picked anything up yet because of this. any help will be greatly appriciated.

I personally don't take any block because of how useless it is and the fact that it is being removed.You want to get dodge and parry because those get u higher benefits toward tanking.So yes Dogde and parry are far more important to tanking for every tanking class than block.You should also note that dodge is the best stat for tanking other than pounding your character with stamina.Since u have 70 of the embelms u really should get the tier 9 shoulders.
    Last edited by axsch; 08-28-2009 at 02:54 AM.

Having several gearsets for different boss mechanics and/or trash is greatly helpful, so picking up a few off pieces to use on trash isn't bad - high block coupled with Holy Shield will ease the burden on AoE tanking tab-spamming since you will generate threat simply from being hit (and blocking) by mobs. Chances are you will be picking up plate tanking stuff that noone else wants/needs throughout your raiding career, and it's better to put it to good use than shard it or letting it rot in the bank.

Simply put: One is not automatically better than the other, but for end game raid boss tanking, shield block is generally not worth it (someone said it's like being shot at with an assault rifle - holding one or two phonebooks up for protection isn't gonna make that much of a difference) and you should make sure that if you have only one set of gear, it's a "boss set", and those generally contain little block rating/value in favour of dodge and parry.

+ Reply to Thread