Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Anub'arak Encounter

I'm talking about 25man heroic, not normal. Every video I've watched had a druid with ~55k hp tanking anub. Druid in stars looked like he had just under 58k. Ima go back and watch again see if I'm reading it wrong.

Edit: Stars druid had 57.6k, paragon's had 56.0k
    Last edited by Dragaan; 09-16-2009 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by michah View Post
    you can use 2 tanks as well, but be prepared to have a slightly more stacked group comp (3 rog/4 dk as per paragon, similair setup for Irae AoD's 2 tank setup)
    We've gotten pretty far with just one rogue+two DKs in a 2-tank setup.

out of interest. we watched the paragon kill and were amazed that they had only 2 ice patches and they fell perfectly each time.

We assumed that they are death gripped in to position by the DK's and nuked but every single ice cloud must have been in the perfect position for them... we seem to have to run around crazy waiting for them to occur in a position to pull them..

Anyone got a workable strategy for getting the ice patches that close to Anub ?
    Belgariad: EU : Lightnings Blade. Once a Tank. Always a Tank.

55-57k is kind of low for a druid if they were stacking STA. And he is definitely talking about heroic also.

When you say 2-tank strat are you talking about Anub tank and Nerub tank or 2 Nerub tanks? Also aren't a lot of the guilds using 7 heals? Almost seems unneeded unless the last 30% is extremely rough for healers, to me it looks like the raid is easily healed through JOL / VE / Healing Streams with healers concentrating on Penetrating Cold + tanks only.

Well, I also armory'd those druids shortly after the kills. Who knows if they were in the same gear, but they were using mostly stam gems, stam trinkets, and all stam enchants except for the bracers (+NR). My question initially was just if they had a way to get out of the stun. I am kinda clueless when it comes to feral tanks so that's why I asked. Comes down to EH I guess tho, but I still would think that a paladin's AD would be amazing for p3...

Anub 25 Hc is all about class stacking.
    4 Rogues make the fight much easier, massive aoe and aggro redirect. Healers generate a lot of aggro in p3 (Misdirect seems to be bugged).
    The adds have to be tanked from a Warrior or Paladin, the other classes take way too much damage.
    You can take several DK alts and they do excellent damage with minimal skill needed.

The boss isn't really difficult. Have enough damage and heal fast in p3, then you're good to go.

Dropped him last night wiped once.

Thought the fight fairly straight forward thanks for the strat and the videos.

ya the leech isn't a big deal, the penetrating cold is the tough part, but good c/d use (cloaks, blocks, hs, frost pots) and being aware of when it applies to new targets helps alot. the feral thing is, if you agi/armor stack, he hits for about 20k-22k, if you don't he hits for about 26k. you have this Leeching Swarm - Spell - World of Warcraft ticking every second for 30% of your current health. partially resistable. if you have 58k hp, it's ticking every second for anywhere from 15k to 18k damage. if you drop health, it'll top out around 13k-14k, and of course you run the nr enchants, which cuts that down further to about a 6k-7500 tick. have 58k hp and get hit for 24k-26k + a 15k-18k tick every second, or have 48k hp and get hit for 20k with a 7k tick. tough choice.

About how much NR are tanks shooting for before hunter/sham buff? Just using NR enchants or going beyond that?

the penetrating cold is the tough part, but good c/d use (cloaks, blocks, hs, frost pots) and being aware of when it applies to new targets helps alot.
    GridPenetratingCold - WoW AddOns - CurseForge.com

Use GridStatusRaidDebuff - Addons - Curse for general purpose raid debuff monitoring

Quote Originally Posted by Kaidman View Post
    About how much NR are tanks shooting for before hunter/sham buff? Just using NR enchants or going beyond that?
    we just went with cloak, helm, bracer enchants and a lesser resist flask plus totem. it lowered the passive damage to the point where it was being countered by HoT's easily. that just leaves the weakened physical which is no different than healing through something that hits about as hard as vezax.

we just went with cloak, helm, bracer enchants and a lesser resist flask plus totem. it lowered the passive damage to the point where it was being countered by HoT's easily. that just leaves the weakened physical which is no different than healing through something that hits about as hard as vezax.
    The tank(s) is wearing NR gear and/or the raid? And how much, if so?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaidman View Post
    I must have missed something I didn't know tanks were using nature resist gear for this encounter.

we are playing a 3tank strat so having 2 addtanks. mostly because we don't get the shadow strike kicked savly (even with stuns when timer is ready) but we still have some problems to position the adds correctly. correctly means,that the adds don't get more than 2 stacks of spider frenzy and are sill all in aoe-range. on the one hand side it's easy to position them, that they only have 1 stack but are out of aoe then, on the other hand 3 oder 4 stacks are to much to kick the shadow strike save.

anyone some adive to easily get this doing?
    German guy, speaking bad english :/

Hey Guys

I was wondering about the Nerubians *base* attack speed. Can anybody help me out with that?
    Last edited by Noang; 10-27-2009 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noang View Post
    Hey Guys

I was wondering about the Nerubians *base* attack speed. Can anybody help me out with that?
    I believe its 2.0 and each stack (up to three) halfs their attack speed, so when there's two adds (1 stack) its 1.0 and when there's 3 adds (2 stacks) its 0.5, and when there's 4 adds (3 stacks) its 0.25.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    I believe its 2.0 and each stack (up to three) halfs their attack speed, so when there's two adds (1 stack) its 1.0 and when there's 3 adds (2 stacks) its 0.5, and when there's 4 adds (3 stacks) its 0.25.
    Actually, I believe it is 1 second with 2, 0.66 seconds with 3, and 0.5 seconds with 4 (as with 4, they are attacking 100%+300% faster, ie, 4 times as fast).

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong (it wouldn't be the first time).

Edit: I am assuming that the buffs are additive, as opposed to multiplicative.

Thanks a lot for your fast replys!

Thats something i can work with =)