Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Anub'arak Encounter

Quote Originally Posted by dagimp007 View Post
    Leeching Swarm is what i am assumming u are asking about... when he hits ( i think) 30% health its an auto cast that goes on the whole raid. it will take away 10-20% of your total health left... if you have 40K HP u will loose 4k for that first tick meaning u have 36k left, that next tick will go to 3.6k.. so on and so on... when u have 1000 health thoe it will still take away 250 hp per tick since that is the min.
    So it can kill you if it's not healed, rather it needed to be healed but not to the point of topping everyone off. I'm assuming the health leeched also heals the boss?

yes it will eventually kill you if not healed... but if u die its due cause u got no heals and u you need to find new healers.... only reason anyone should die in this fight after 30% is if they get the penetrating cold on them (i think thats what its called).

expect a couple of wipes cause most healers are gonna be relaxed by the time 30% comes around and they may not expect it so just make sure u call out 40% and 35% to warn the healers its coming

Quote Originally Posted by bludwork View Post
    So it can kill you if it's not healed, rather it needed to be healed but not to the point of topping everyone off. I'm assuming the health leeched also heals the boss?
    Yes... the health leeched heals the boss. This is why you want to keep non-tanks around 30-40% health... to reduce the amount of health leached.

The exception is those inflicted with hungering cold (which ticks for 3.5k every 3sec). These folks should be focused on by a healer(s) during its duration.

Stopping Adds

Looking over the strategy guide this does seem to be a fairly simple fight. One thing I had a question on that may make it a whole lot easier has to do with the permafrost. As mentioned in the permafrost description it says "stops most creatures from burrowing through it." Would it be possible to cover the whole area with permafrost to stop any adds from coming up?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimclawz View Post
    Looking over the strategy guide this does seem to be a fairly simple fight. One thing I had a question on that may make it a whole lot easier has to do with the permafrost. As mentioned in the permafrost description it says "stops most creatures from burrowing through it." Would it be possible to cover the whole area with permafrost to stop any adds from coming up?
    I think that would be damn near impossible considering the size of the room and the randomness of the frost spheres.

I also think such an endeavor would be a waste of time because it takes only a sliver of "un-permafrosted" ground for a creature to burrow through.

I see

Yeah after reviewing the video a little closer I see that it doesnt take much for them to come through so it wouldnt be probable to try and stop them, it does seem like you said though to be a viable way to stop phase 2 occurances or to at least try to stop impales during phase two although it would take some precision frost sphere dropping in both cases.

One last question, does anyone know what mace the guy on the video was referring too when he said "holy sh** look at that mace.? As well are the tribute chests only attainable through heroic mode or normal mode as well? and do they spawn off Anub as extra drops or is there a seperate chest that will spawn?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimclawz View Post
    Yeah after reviewing the video a little closer I see that it doesnt take much for them to come through so it wouldnt be probable to try and stop them, it does seem like you said though to be a viable way to stop phase 2 occurances or to at least try to stop impales during phase two although it would take some precision frost sphere dropping in both cases.

One last question, does anyone know what mace the guy on the video was referring too when he said "holy sh** look at that mace.? As well are the tribute chests only attainable through heroic mode or normal mode as well? and do they spawn off Anub as extra drops or is there a seperate chest that will spawn?
    This: Misery's End - Item - World of Warcraft (Alliance) // Suffering's End - Item - World of Warcraft (Horde)

Only Heroic mode.

Don't know.
    Last edited by Spiritus; 09-01-2009 at 03:15 PM.

Very nice post you have made here Spiritus ^_^

Iv read it all and seen the movie and i understand the fight 100% now lets just hope the other members in my guild does as well :P xD

Pretty fun fight
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

Burrow Issue

We are having a tough time making him burrow, any idea on if they changed the mechanic since PTR or if we are just not getting enough around him. A few times we were certain his hit box was completely covered. Plus any tips on how to spread the permafrost effectively besides death grip would be great.

We just let him burrow and run around.
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

Some discoveries

Here's an update, having just done it (and then gotten flattened in 25 man heroic):

Anub'arak will burrow no matter what. Permafrost does NOT stop him.

"Submerge" is an ability his two summoned burrowers have. If you do not offtank them on permafrost, they will submerge, heal up, and return when the next wave of burrowers arrives (they come two at a time, two pairs per phase 1). Each puts up a huge damage taken debuff on their tank, so you can't really avoid killing them, and if one submerges, that may end the fight for you. We ended up with 5-7 ranged dps burning down the adds while the rest stayed on Anub'... it may be more effective to have melee do it if you have a strong melee team, as you'll be able to damage him too (we had a lot of mages, so living bomb helped a bit).

When Anub'arak burrows, he will pursue people. As he moves he'll throw up spikes (increasing in frequency as he moves). If anybody's on the spikes, they'll get the impale effect. Once he intersects a permafrost, it'll stop him, destroy the permafrost, and he'll choose a new target. There may be more value if somebody's being chased to running him around away from permafrost as long as possible, as if he gets to the main raid camp, somebody's likely to get whumped.

Meanwhile, the scarabs come in, fairly slowly (a little too much so for effective AOE). They can be quickly burned down one at a time.

This repeats. After the third or fourth burrow that he does, he'll hit his hard enrage and quickly demolish the raid, so the timer is pretty important. It's around as demanding as, say, Yogg+4's third phase, but a lot shorter.

Phase 3 is just as Spiritus's guide says. Keep the raid around half health (except the tank) and you'll have him down pretty easily.

We hit hard enrage on our first time in p3.
    Which was quite fun to see. But the best thing to do for us anyways, was to have the OT's (me and a pally) hold any adds that spawn, which is about 2 per burrow, then when he does burrow we would stack and just aoe everything down, rinse. repeat. Then going into p3 we just held adds, which probably wasn't the best idea since having 4 adds up all through p3 didn't help mana.. but

Big update on the Wall 0' Text.... no you cannot prevent Anub'arak from burrowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritus View Post
    Spider Frenzy[suspect]
    Increases attack and casting speeds by 50% for each Nerubian Burrower within 12 yds.
    I did not see any visible sign of this being cast. May be a heroic ability, or a scrapped ability. Don't know who casts this either. I also did not see the Nerubian Burrowers "cast" anything, so this is suspect.
    *UPDATE* This is a buff similar to the feral protectors in the Cat Lady encounter. They will buff each other, stacking, if they are within 12yards.
    Spiritus, on my 25 man run, the tooltip for this buff claimed a 100% increase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalousie View Post
    Stompbox has won the thread. We can close it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stompbox View Post
    Spiritus, on my 25 man run, the tooltip for this buff claimed a 100% increase.
    Thats because there was two of them together. They buff each other, ergo, 50%+50%=100%

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritus View Post
    Thats because there was two of them together. They buff each other, ergo, 50%+50%=100%
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding... if each burrower buffs nearby burrowers by 50%, then each of the two that are near each other would buff his companion by 50%. For the total buff to be 100%, the 50% buff from Mob A would have to apply to both Mob A and Mob B, so that each mob buffs both himself and his companion...

If that's the case, Blizzard should probably correct the tooltip, because the buffs I saw (it "stacked" in the sense that multiple instances of the same buff were visible in his buff frame) each said 100% increase to attack and cast speed. When there were two mobs together, I remember seeing only one instance of the buff on each mob. When there were three together, I saw two instances of the buff on each mob.

I could be mistaken; I'll try to pay better attention to this when we try again on Thursday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalousie View Post
    Stompbox has won the thread. We can close it now.

The tooltip says "each Nerubian Burrower within 12yards," which, from what I've seen, includes Mob A. So Mob A+Mob B= 100%. I didn't catch one by itself to confirm this. However, 2 should= 100%, 3=150% and so on.

I agree the wording is a bit confusing.

deathgripping the frost orbs worked for us in 10man. OT tanked the adds, AoE them down, str8 burn him up every time he is up.

Bah, still look's quite easy.. gief the heroic's! btw server first on Twins Second try!