Thread: 25 Heroic Twins Question (Essence)

25 Heroic Twins Question (Essence)

I am trying desperately to find data on the "light" and "dark" essence. What exactly is the mechanic here? I understand that if you have a "light" essence, you do more damage to dark essence (and vice versa) and you do less to a similar essence.

But I have also read data that says soaking orbs affects the amount of the damage buff and nerf, depending on what you are targeting.... Any help with this would be appreciated...

1) Can the "essence" you have be canceled via a cancelaura effect or clicked off?

2) What kind of damage do you take from the AOE special ability if you have no essence?

3) How much is dps nerfed from a similar aura?

4) What do orbs do to someone with no essence?

The heroic shield has 1.2 million health. If you figure 13 seconds of pure dps and 16 dps spots, you are looking to pull a little less than 6k dps to get the shield down. This doesnt count the tanks. Now, if you are similarly tuned to the shield, I suspect that this would be problematic. Im thinking if you can "click off" the aura, that would be better than a similar aura dps burn. I know a lot of guilds are not switching the color, but just burning it down.... but I am not sure my guild has the deeps to do that.....
    Deeps for show..... tank for dough.....

1) Never tried, but probably
    2) Dark = Shadow, Light = Fire
    3) Don't remember, just know that it is reduced normal damage.
    4) It hurts them. The essence works on basis that they absorb a type of damage.

When you are attuned to a polarity, you absorb all damage of that polarity, deal 50% damage to the valkyr of that polarity, and deal 150% damage to the opposite valkyr. Damage taken from the opposite polarity is not modified to my knowledge.

If you are unattuned, you take full damage from all effects in the encounter (orbs, vortexes, touch) and deal normal damage to both valkyr.

I have no idea if you can cancel the aura effect, but you could test it before getting into combat.

-Splug

Thanks for the feedback all. So then I assume I am incorrect to say that the damage coming in is affected by the number of orbs you have received..... that is good.

Assuming we have 8 attuned "light" and 8 "dark", a light boss shield could be handled by:

1) all light attuned hitting a macro to dismiss the light essence.
    2) you then have 8 dark essence dps doing 150% and 8 non essenced doing 100%.
    3) I would suspect that this would be enough to get the 1.2 million down.

(Assume average DPS at 6k, assuming 8 dark essence pulling 9k and 8 non essenced dps pulling 6k = 120k dps to drop the shield in 10 seconds

vs

not switching and having 8 dark essence at 9k and 8 light essence at 3k = 96k or around 12.5/13 seconds.

You can probably make this work. However, if you stack one side (lets say light) and you get a light shield, the numbers look like this:

Assume 6k dps, 12 dps light pulling 3k and 4 dps dark pulling 9k = 72k or 16.67 seconds to get it down.

This doesnt count the tanks.

Looks like the best raid composition would be to evenly split the dps and let the chips fall where they may.....
    Deeps for show..... tank for dough.....

From what I've seen, anyone that forgets their attunement dies pretty quick. They'll be taking the AOE pulse from both valkyr (i.e. Surge of Darkness - Spell - World of Warcraft and the light equivalent) and they will take damage from any orb or orb splash damage. Also I don't think you can cancelaura it, it's not shown with the rest of your auras but with the unremovable debuffs. Welcome to try, but I think this line of investigation leads to a dead end.

The best way to deal with having good shield breaking damage is have ranged stand near their opposite colour vortex so they can switch in an instant to DPS the other shield. Having only half the melee gimped is just about good enough.