Thread: Algalon 10 Raid setup?!?

Algalon 10 Raid setup?!?

Ok, so i've been crunching some ulduar 10 hardmodes recently, finally received my proto drake since i've sat out many times to allow new members join and get their achieves, as well as take many new groups in my guild. So i have a few questions about algalon. I pretty much understand the fight mechanics and am curious if its easily beatable without a bloodlust. We downed firefighter tonight without a bloodlust and i think we only wiped 4 times or less, all being within the first or 2nd phases due to a few players not knowing the fight on hardmode.

I guess i will just link my 10 man members for this week and see if you guys think its doable.

Tanks:
    The World of Warcraft Armory

DPS:

Heals:

unless your raid really outgears the fight, you really want to bring 3 healers. it's possible to 2 heal this fight, but almost everyone who did this used 1 holy paladin, which you don't have.

even with some 232 and 245 gear he hits hard. don't underestimate this fight... especially learning it 3 healing is the way to go. 2 healers won't have room for any mistakes.

Yeah everyone is 245+ gear and we are all really good players lol.

Unfortunately we don't currently have a holy paladin online the day we decide to try this, nor a disc priest. =/

The dps requirement is easy with good gear so you're better taking the three healers, algalon is still pretty brutal on tanks (1 sec swing timer dual wield, ~14k mh ~6k oh).

We are in full T9 and clear everything and we still bring 3 healers to Algalon.

Well, i could have my ret paladin go holy, although his gear is not as amazing as our other 2 healers.

Is the fight completely doable without a bloodlust however? Our death knight does a sickening amount of damage and firefighter was a joke with 3 heals, but our offtank healed. =/
    Last edited by defiancex; 10-25-2009 at 05:56 AM.

If you are well geared I doubt a bloodlust is necessary ie. if you are all in 25 man ToC gear and above.

On our kill we had everyone in about 3-4 pieces of Toc10 normal/badge gear and the rest was ulduar 10 and with bloodlust we got him to the dark matter phase at the same time as 3rd big bang (which is ~90 secs before he kills everyone).

Sigh, since it was our first try at him, we wiped countlessly, never getting to a 2nd big bang, why, because i believe the people we had to kill the stars were killing the ones that were at full health after the first big bang, so we had multiple collapsing stars die at once, one shotting members. =(

Star killing is probably the trickiest part of the fight. Your star duty ppl will probably make or break you. The rest is really easy except for the large amount of raw dmg be puts out on tanks.

i can tell, it hurt. I am going to overstress the need for the star killing to be perfect so we don't have them implode accidentally wiping us lol.