+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What am i cappable of MTing and/or OTing

What am i cappable of MTing and/or OTing

I recently started working on my tank set and am at the point where i think im ready to start MTing/OTing some raids, but was hoping some of you more experienced tanks could tell me what my gear should do fine in as far as tanking. such as Naxx10, Naxx25 ect. Thanks!

My WoW armory: The World of Warcraft Armory

I followed the Armory link and it brought me to your Arms set/spec

sorry, relogging so it will update with my prot set.

Awesome, its working now. Let me look it over a few minutes and get back to you

You should be more then geared for Naxx10, probably fine for all of Naxx25, and okay for early Ulduar10. Any higher then that is probably a stretch.

There are a ton of upgrades left for you from Conq Badges, so keep running those heroics =)
    Galushi - 85 Dwarf Warrior - Shadowsong US Alliance.
    Branigan - 85 Goblin Warrior - Kilrogg US Horde.

Yeah, 10 man Naxx/OS fine, VoA depends with Emalon. 25 Naxx most likely be fine, possibly MT but definitely set for OT, as well as OS. Again, VoA not too sure, and Ulduar you should be Ok to OT early on.

Check out this site (while in your prot spec/set), I find it useful.

be.imba.hu
    (just like that, no "www". Some of it doesnt matter, but mostly works really well)

thanks guys, also if you dont mind, do you suggest any changes i make to my current gear, via enchants, gems, ect.

You're good for all T7 content, not far off for some T8 glee.

Apparently this thread is Unanswered o.O.

Anyway, as said above T7 content most definitely. However, coming into Ulduar your gear will have to be more survival focused. I'd probably try for the black heart over the mark of norganon (although that looks sexy for threat). If you begin to main tank, you should stamina stack until your hearts content!

I'm pretty sure the cut off is around 30k hp before you can take ulduar 10, which shouldn't be that hard to hit with your current gear. All the best and good luck!

What you're capable of and what your gear is like aren't strictly related - see this blog post for an example of what I mean

Assuming however that you might be quite new to tanking raids, I'd say you should be able to comfortably handle Naxx and OS with Malygos coming shortly after once you get a little more experience.

The true moral of the story is, however, that your skill, knowledge of the encounters and your class and your general attitude counts for a lot more than your gear. Gear helps you be able to achieve things more comfortably, of course, but it's far from everything. Practice all you can and learn to love tanking - be confident in yourself and your raid will be confident in you and let the gear come with time and experience.

Best of luck to you

You're chest being a blue is the most glaring upgrade place id start with. Save up for the t8.5 chest from conquerer badges. Also looks like you can still use the ilvl 219 Helm and Shoulders from h-ToC. The stam trinket from normal ToC couldnt hurt either.
    Galushi - 85 Dwarf Warrior - Shadowsong US Alliance.
    Branigan - 85 Goblin Warrior - Kilrogg US Horde.

+ Reply to Thread