+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Should I go for parry cap with expertise?

Should I go for parry cap with expertise?

Hello, first off here is my armor: The World of Warcraft Armory
    I am not purposefully at 47 expertise.
    It is just on every piece of gear that I get to upgrade.

My question is: should I just go for the parry cap(6 or 9 more expertise depending on where I read), or just try my best to get rid of 21 somehow? I'm also now just working on building up my stamina since i am near 50% dodge+parry unbuffed.

Also: any other gear suggestion are more than welcome(I am actively trying to replace my boots, ring, and trinket)

What to do?

Other than your +hit being low your gear is pretty good. I wouldn't bother pushing for expertise hard cap, instead focus on stamina to help you take big hits and progress further.

Cadeus, you gotta remember that it's not a WASTE to have somewhere between the two caps, as every point of Expertise makes you closer to the parry cap, further than that, really it's up to you

No damage is no damage if it's called a miss, a dodge or a parry. Stacking expertise to the dodge cap is best at first because it knocks both the chance to dodge and parry off the board. Once the soft cap is reached for expertise then hit and expertise are equal in value as far as reaching the cap. Knocking parry off the table is good because when a boss parries you his next attack is sped up. But I don't think the parry haste is common among the newer bosses any more. Correct me if I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Skynch View Post
    Stacking expertise to the dodge cap is best at first because it knocks both the chance to dodge and parry off the board.
    It doesn't remove parrying from the table until your reach the parry cap, or expertise hard-cap.

+ Reply to Thread