+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fury warrior question?

fury warrior question?

i tried fury spec for pvp, but when i use 2 2-hand weps, i notice my damage on my stats go's down and attack power dose go up but not by much. so i was thinking of using a 2-h wep in my main hand and a shield. it would give me some of the survibality of a prot warrior and more damage per swing but less stuns and be slower then a 1-h wep. has any fury warriors tried this?

what weapons are you using to where your stats go down? you should be getting an increase to your stats other than just ap.

using a shield in your offhand instead of a weapon will gimp yourself alot. you wont be getting the same rage gen since you wont be swinging an offhand. its better to just have a wep swap macro for when you are getting focused on, bust out the shield + def stance.

fury just doesnt bring the tools needed for arenas unlike arms. ms debuff, unrelenting assault debuff, bladestorm, juggernaut (2 charges in combat via charge and intercept) makes an arms warrior a force to be reckoned with in arenas. fury has what, intercept, chance to apply an ms debuff (not 100% guaranteed uptime), and the ability to swing 2 handers. fury went out with the tg nerf, since you need bis pve gear to compete with the pressure a pvp geared arms warrior brings.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Fury can do well with BiS, i currently have a 3v3 team. Me being arms, friend fury and a healer. The fury warrior pushes out a lot more damage than me, however the debuffs and tools arms warrior brings to the table is quite significant.

If you are running bgs, arms survivability is higher with Second wind. Ability to kill healers should be easier as well.

Definitely do not arm a shield as fury unless u are swapping to defensive stance to go against a melee or a quick spell reflect.

Arms your AP will drop compared to fury.
    Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaumu View Post
    Fury can do well with BiS, i currently have a 3v3 team. Me being arms, friend fury and a healer. The fury warrior pushes out a lot more damage than me, however the debuffs and tools arms warrior brings to the table is quite significant.

If you are running bgs, arms survivability is higher with Second wind. Ability to kill healers should be easier as well.

Definitely do not arm a shield as fury unless u are swapping to defensive stance to go against a melee or a quick spell reflect.

Arms your AP will drop compared to fury.
    I partially agree and disagree with you here.

First of all it is true that fury can do well in high end gear. If you can get some good Armor Pen gear and gems to be able to reach the cap then you will find yourself very formidable as fury against all classes. Fury also has superior survivability on its own in BGs due to Bloodthirst and Bloodthirst glyph, combined with Blood Craze. Second wind only procs when immobilized by a snare which may be often, but not nearly as often as BT will be up.

Also, putting on a shield as fury is an exceptionally powerful stance to be in. You still have shield slam and your attacks can still proc your Mortal Strike (Furious Attacks) debuff (altho dont count on it ever) and you can still bloodthirst on your opponent to heal. You take less damage, you do quite a bit still, and you can interupt/spell reflect/shield wall to your heart's content. Defensive fury is not to be underestimated.

Arms' advantages are the reliability of the Mortal Strike, the burst damage that can be dropped on a single or multiple targets, and it's versatility against a great number of classes.

I personally found that if I was doing BGs alone that I would do far better as fury. However, if I had a healer with me then arms would win out in damage and in effective damage (ie damage that kills people rather than just makes numbers everywhere) every time.

If he is going to be running a 2h wep and shiled the entire time as i understand it he will find himself raged starved. Why not just go Prot then?

Most of the classes try to immobilise a warrior so Second wind will proc a lot of the time. UA, reduces damage or healing. 2 in-combat charges. A well timed bladestorm with recklesness can destroy a group of clothies offensive actions and immediately put them defensive.

Letting your other dps open up.

Bloodthirst is a great healing attribute, but i think in cumulutive abilty terms, an arms warriors' more valuable in the survivability field.

I don't think fury has better survivability on its own, my opinion.

Try out Arms, try out Prot. Just don't run around with a 2h and a shield all the time.
    All depends on what you want to do.

Lockdown players, longevity: Go Prot
    All out damage: Fury
    High Burst Dmg, reliable debuffs which will benefit ure team: Arms
    Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

I have pvped alot in my time...I have 115K honorable kills on my warrior.

I could never make fury work in pvp since about patch 1.8. I'm not saying its not possible. (because I know it is) but I sure to hell can't do it.

Now Prot for me is the way to go. I feel like I can take on an army. Last night I was guarding the refinery by myself in Isle of Conquest. Two Warlocks come running up the platform and I pwned them both. and then they comeback and I beat them both again (just barely) The next time they came back with a retnub and a druid and I died like a dog.

When you are packing 2200+ Block Value and 20% crit ...you can demolish casters/rogues and huntards. They can't deal with you, They cant kite, they can only hope I dont crit my Shield slam when I reach them.

+ Reply to Thread