+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Aliena's UI

Don't download the archive. There are definitely add-ons in that folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliena View Post
    Don't download the archive. There are definitely add-ons in that folder.
    Okay, that was definately not very helpful...

Maybe I didnt explain myself right. I know that the addons are modifying the UI and I understand what most of them are doing. I already tweaked them to fit my playstyle.

The only problem I have right now is that whenever I pull out the character sheet or the main menu or the spellbook or the talent trees, they're smaller than I'd like them to be.

I dont know if an addon is altering their size or if it's something in the config files, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Kayimbo

It wasn't very helpful cause it was addressed at the poster above you!

Go to your video options and adjust your UI scale to change the size of your interface.

It's developed for a widescreen monitor and I'm afraid I have no intentions of adjusting a regular version, so unless you wanna make all the changes yourself manually, there's no "fix".
    Anyone who isn't using a widescreen moniter I found the "fix". Just go into your WTF folder and delete the Config.wtf file which is there as soon as you open your WTF folder and not in you character or account folder.

Then just adjust your UI scale until everything matches up. You may have to move the 2 kgpanels on the side of the screen more to the middle but other than that everything will be set up the same.

-Stan

It wasn't very helpful cause it was addressed at the poster above you!

Go to your video options and adjust your UI scale to change the size of your interface.

My apologies. Now THAT was helpful. Loving the interface, thank you very much

Aliena,
    So do you find that Mik's Scrolling Battle Text and Power Auras don't negate each other? Or do you have the static and notifications on MSBT turned off? Just saw you had both on your UI. I have been redoing my UI and added both MSTB and Power Auras so was just interested to see how someone else used the two in combination.

Most of the things I set in PowerAuras are things that I prefer having visual clues for. Mik's does the same but I'll admit it's harder to pay attention to text scrolling by than it is to a shiny icon on your screen.

Mik's does cover a lot of things I don't have extra icons set for, so the ones that I do have set are more of an "it'll be tough to miss even for ignorant people like me this way" and a sort of double pointer. And stuff like 3 stack serendipity is just nice to have a visual clue for WHILE it's available, not just when it just becomes available.

Aliena,
    I am curious if you have or are planning on using grid2 and pitbull4 (both beta at the moment but they work) My apologies if they are already in your pkg I'm at work and cant download yet. Or have any opinions on them yet.

I'm impressed with the minimalist approach and will be trying out your set ups. My interface and wtf folders are in major need of cleaning.

Thanks,
    Rx
    ------

So, I love your UI and decided to try it out.

I installed it and did everything properly, however after heading out into combat, my fps which normally is around 100-130 dropped down to a savagely low 20 fps .

Just wondering if you would have any suggestions to fix this...

-Kiv
    -= Kiv =-

Aliena,
    LOVE the UI I've got one thing I can't seem to figure out. My "target" frame shows all the buffs just to the left of the frame, overlapping over my character frame. It's only the target frame doing it, so I must have turned them off on the others somewhere, but I've gone through ever addon config and can't seem to find that setting. Can you help me out?

Thanks!

***EDIT*** Nevermind. I just reinstalled the UI and it's gone now
    Last edited by Grimknight; 01-12-2010 at 07:01 AM.

Tyvm for the advice but one minor thing I see in some of your videos some of your power auras like flash of light have a timer next to it. Is it an extra addon or option in power auras?

Avataa,

It is an option in power auras.

Aliena,

You now have your cooldowns appearing above your unit frame as they become available with the icon for the spell, what is that addon?
    Last edited by Samhuinn; 01-12-2010 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Samhuinn View Post
    Avataa,

It is an option in power auras.

Aliena,

You now have your cooldowns appearing above your unit frame as they become available with the icon for the spell, what is that addon?
    I believe you're talking about powerauras. Assuming you're talking about the glowy icons?

Hey Aliena,
    thanks for posting your UI found some parts i really like including the visual icons via Power Auras.

If Possible, I'm wondering if you could post your power aura export strings to the Wikki please? (Power Auras - Priest Exports) And maybe put a link to it on your main UI page or something for noobs like me to choose what ones we feel we need and import the strings. I'm having a nightmare trying to create them even using spell IDs and such

Would really appreciate it.

thanks,
    Natasha.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiv View Post
    So, I love your UI and decided to try it out.

I installed it and did everything properly, however after heading out into combat, my fps which normally is around 100-130 dropped down to a savagely low 20 fps .

Just wondering if you would have any suggestions to fix this...

-Kiv
    Try turning off Grid_Quickhealth.

I switched servers and can not get your power auras to perform like they did before

Quote Originally Posted by Symph View Post
    I believe you're talking about powerauras. Assuming you're talking about the glowy icons?
    Edit*

You are correct I did not think it was but just downloaded her compilation again and going through the saved variables file for power auras and found the config for it.

Now I can dimply copy these configs into my own and move to suit me.

Thanks
    Last edited by Samhuinn; 01-13-2010 at 10:07 AM.

Hey Aliena!

Love your UI, love your videos, hate the fact that I have to bother you with questions...

You probably get tired of hearing this so much, and I apologize, but I'm having real problems with kgpanels. I read your instructions, as well as the FAQ but I can't figure out how to get the art you provided into it. I figure it's mostly because I'm so green I don't know what a path is... Could you please help me/tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I downloaded the UI mainly because I didn't have one of my own and because your artwork is so exquisite. You're very talented, and seeing as I have no artistic merit whatsoever you're a real inspiration.

Thank-you for your time.
    "I feast upon the glorious way in which you do not look at me. No one else doesn't look at me in quite the same way that you do."

Hey Aliena,

I was trying to tweak my grid a bit more and really like how your backgrounds are black but the class names have color. I've smashed my head against a wall for about an hour trying to figure it out and was wondering if you could help me. Also, on Pitbull and Grid, you use the texture "graphite" I believe it is. I've looked for that texture but cannot find it. Is that a texture you made or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance,
    Josephius

dear aliena,

your UI is pretty nice I use it to with some changes ofc. but I have a wierd problem. I have huge lag in BG/party/raids... I don;t know what the problem is..

maybe you can help me out with this.. I have high fps/framrate..
    normaly I never had that even with my old ( bigger ) UI

thnx for reactions.

Rik

+ Reply to Thread