+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Aliena's UI

I remember you saying this UI compliation was optimized for 1680x1050 resolutions.

However i am using a 1920x1080 resolution while playing, What would be the easiest way to optimize my UI to my screen resolution and what would the advantages be?

Sorry if im nooby, But i assume "optimizing" a UI simply means resizing it so it fits to your screen?
    Raiding, SURE! PvP, GREAT! Achievements, OVER 9000?! User Interface? EPIC FAIL!

At the moment.. Everything is quite.. Small.. and i seem to have this large purple bar in the middle of my screen and not sure which addon turns it off, Anyone care to help?

Also, Not sure how to enable the Menu Bar and my Bag Bar. They seem to have gone missing.
    Last edited by Synistah; 06-07-2010 at 04:24 AM.

for running 1920x1080 u need to resize the whole UI - and you can do that in the addon's settings - will take some time - but I've done it.

purple bar is pitbull or "power auras classic"

the menubar and bagbar can be enabled in /dominos -> config bars -- make sure that the menu and bag bar is blue

Quote Originally Posted by Zerpex View Post
    for running 1920x1080 u need to resize the whole UI - and you can do that in the addon's settings - will take some time - but I've done it.

purple bar is pitbull or "power auras classic"

the menubar and bagbar can be enabled in /dominos -> config bars -- make sure that the menu and bag bar is blue
    Alright solved the purple bar issue, And the Menu and Bag were solved.. Big thanks on that.

So as far as 1920x1080 resizing.. Its just changing the scale right? on every individual addon?

And again would it be worth me changing the size to fix 1920x1080? What would i benefit from this.. Be smaller? bigger?

And what size should i be aiming for with a 1920x1080 setup.. Or is it more or less what looks and feels comfortable to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Synistah View Post
    Alright solved the purple bar issue, And the Menu and Bag were solved.. Big thanks on that.

So as far as 1920x1080 resizing.. Its just changing the scale right? on every individual addon?

And again would it be worth me changing the size to fix 1920x1080? What would i benefit from this.. Be smaller? bigger?

And what size should i be aiming for with a 1920x1080 setup.. Or is it more or less what looks and feels comfortable to me?
    http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5...0910123544.jpg

there is my UI

Ah, sweet

Thanks, That looks much better in proportion then what i was currently looking at, Everything was very small and on a 1920x1080 resolution many things were a strain to read.

Much appreciated Zerpex

Having issues with kgpanels and their configuration... Is there anyway to get the profiles to load correctly since they only show Default, ServerName, Class, Character. Instead of the normal profile from Dark Iron. Or is this an issue with UI scaling?

Last edited by Kamgha; 06-15-2010 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamgha View Post
    Having issues with kgpanels and their configuration... Is there anyway to get the profiles to load correctly since they only show Default, ServerName, Class, Character. Instead of the normal profile from Dark Iron. Or is this an issue with UI scaling?

to be honest, it should not be a problem because of scaling - it must be something with the profiles inside the addon folder

Completely erased WTF/Interface folders and replaced with the file from wowinterface and that's what i got.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamgha View Post
    Completely erased WTF/Interface folders and replaced with the file from wowinterface and that's what i got.
    I will upload my UI later today when I get time to make a guide - what profiles and stuff there's needed

Exuse me Miss Aliena,
    I've downloaded the addon pack from WoWInterface. I was following the directions to set up my interface and when I went into /dominos =>Profile and clicked on 'Priest' then 'Set' It states this error *Dominos: Invalid Profile "Priest"* Do you have any idea on what could be wrong or how to fix it? I'd greatly appreciate the assistance.

Joy

Aliena,
    Im not sure if this thread is watched anymore but here goes nothing...
    First off, you have been a Great Aide in adjusting my playstile utilizing the disc prist as a viable raid tool, even before WOTLK.
    i have used your Complilation UI from WOWinterface and adjusted it to my own likes...but the issue I seem to have now is Lua errors everytime I take damage.
    Heres the Error...
    Message: ...terface\AddOns\Grid_QuickHealth\Grid_QuickHealt h.lua:17: attempt to index global 'GridStatusHealth' (a nil value)
    Time: 06/23/10 16:07:59
    Count: 2
    Stack: ...terface\AddOns\Grid_QuickHealth\Grid_QuickHealt h.lua:17: in function <...terface\AddOns\Grid_QuickHealth\Grid_QuickHeal th.lua:15>
    [string "safecall Dispatcher[4]"]:4: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[4]"]:4>
    [C]: ?
    [string "safecall Dispatcher[4]"]:13: in function `?'
    ...igs\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:92: in function `Fire'
    ...ealth\libs\LibQuickHealth-2.0\LibQuickHealth-2.0.lua:572: in function <...ealth\libs\LibQuickHealth-2.0\LibQuickHealth-2.0.lua:538>
    ...ealth\libs\LibQuickHealth-2.0\LibQuickHealth-2.0.lua:696: in function `?'
    ...ealth\libs\LibQuickHealth-2.0\LibQuickHealth-2.0.lua:185: in function <...ealth\libs\LibQuickHealth-2.0\LibQuickHealth-2.0.lua:185>
    Locals: event = "UnitHealthUpdated"
    unitID = "player"
    newHealth = 2574
    (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = "attempt to index global 'GridStatusHealth' (a nil value)"
    GetNumRaidMembers = <function> defined =[C]:-1

as I am new to modding, Im not sure where to look to correct the issue. Any feedback would be awesome.
    The Doc,
    Windrunner server - Drhealz - Priest from Hell

I hope no one has covered this already... but I set up the ui package directly from wowinterface, and modified it a bit to support my resolution. A dungeon or two after, my grid went black. I tried reloading the ui, disabling and re-enabling it, and couldn't get it to work again. when i say black, i mean its just a group of black bars-no health, no names, no debuffs, etc. What is this, and how do i fix it?

Secondly, i couldn't find any profiles for quartz, but i was able to set it up myself, so no problem there

i got the LUA error i was gona ask what is was but after read other peoples post i found out that it was my add-ons out of date the prodlem im having is finding the up dates this is whats out of date

-SlideBar (lib)
    -SharedMedia
    -SBF Options
    -Satrina Buff Frames
    -Lib: SharedMedia-1.0
    -Gridsidelndicators
    -GridoRA2Layouts
    -GridLayoutForHealers
    -GridAlert
    -Grid_QuickHealth
    -ClearFont2: FontPack -Ace2-
    -ClearFont2 -Ace2-
    -ButtonFacade: Aion
    -ButtonFacade Vista

iv tryed to find the updates on wowinterface.com but i have no idear what im looking for with my old addons i new what and where i got my addons so in the past iv found my updates easy, if any one could help i would be very thankful, apart from that i love your set up :- Luckyjack

Not 1920x1200

Ok, edited twice now. I scrolled through and skimmed but I can only read so much.
    Im wondering how I can form this UI to a 1024x768 Resolution. My eyes are startin to burn with the tiny font. I saw resize the addons but I cant find where to do so
    Last edited by Kazimodo; 06-28-2010 at 12:02 PM.

In all of your videos i noticed that you had an extremely far camera angle, and also with the cameral looking down at the raid the whole time. Is it a macro that you use to make the camera angle point down from the ceiling? or is it just you using your mouse? If it is a macro, i would love if u shared it with me that way i can see my raid a whole lot better XD

-Xydro

I'm wondering what the addon above grid with the spell icons that move along a bar based on their cooldowns is. I have circled it below from your Halion video:

I believe that's ForteXorcist.
    Vuhdo 101: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBoImKCY1Fs Vuhdo 102: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEbM0XG7XsU http://www.twitter.com/soragrey

aliena, do you use grid to heal like someone would do with healbot and if so what do you use to do that

Aliena i just got grid, and all of my icons are small squares for each person. i want to make it like yours with a rectangle shape, and it fits the persons name inside. thanks.

I noticed in your Halion video that there was a series of collapsing bars between your chatbox and the box where your health bars and abilities were. They look a lot like the Dot Timer bars which is an addon I've been looking to replace since it seems to be dead, is this a fan update of that addon or something different?

+ Reply to Thread