+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Aliena's UI

Is there anyway to adjust it to my resolution? everything is out of place for me when I use the UI?

Aliena,

I watched your video ( http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...ia-Dreamwalker ) against Dreamwalker in 25 man and had a question about one of the addons you were using. I noticed That just above your grid a symbol of Prayer of mending and Circle of healing would show up when it was off cool down. I want to set my UI up so it does the same. Which mod(s) do I need to do that and how do I configure them so that it shows up the same as yours?
    Thanks,
    Holytitan

I noticed in your Sindragosa HM video that you have a skull and cross bones above your head. Do you still use DBM or have you switched to Deus Vox for your boss warnings or is that Power Auras?

Aliena-

First of all thanks for all you do with sharing your knowledge and insight. I have a Disc priest that I have just recently started raiding with and I came across your UI and it is awesome! In lieu of downloading your entire interface I have been doing it manually because of screen resolution issues. I have everything about where I want it , but I have a question concerning pitbull. Which frames do you actually use from pitbull for example: Player frame, Target frame, Party frames, Raid frames etc.? I'm using Heal Bot instead of grid so the raid and party frames seem unnecessary. I was just curious which ones you use that are active on your screen during encounters?

Quote Originally Posted by Holytitan View Post
    Aliena,

I watched your video ( http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...ia-Dreamwalker ) against Dreamwalker in 25 man and had a question about one of the addons you were using. I noticed That just above your grid a symbol of Prayer of mending and Circle of healing would show up when it was off cool down. I want to set my UI up so it does the same. Which mod(s) do I need to do that and how do I configure them so that it shows up the same as yours?
    Thanks,
    Holytitan
    The Addon is called PowerAuras Classic... Aliena created a 'how-to' guide somewhere on these forums about it, just do a simple search.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcluvy View Post
    I noticed in your Sindragosa HM video that you have a skull and cross bones above your head. Do you still use DBM or have you switched to Deus Vox for your boss warnings or is that Power Auras?
    That would be Power Auras, it looks to be just a basic debuff warning (the skull and crossbones is one debuff, the circle around it is another debuff).

Quote Originally Posted by Skelatore View Post
    Aliena-

First of all thanks for all you do with sharing your knowledge and insight. I have a Disc priest that I have just recently started raiding with and I came across your UI and it is awesome! In lieu of downloading your entire interface I have been doing it manually because of screen resolution issues. I have everything about where I want it , but I have a question concerning pitbull. Which frames do you actually use from pitbull for example: Player frame, Target frame, Party frames, Raid frames etc.? I'm using Heal Bot instead of grid so the raid and party frames seem unnecessary. I was just curious which ones you use that are active on your screen during encounters?
    Judging by her videos, the following frames are visable:

Player(left), Target(right), Target of Target (middle), Focus(left middle of screen), Pet(just above player), Focus Target (appears on Sindragosa Hardmode video). The main ones you should have are Player, Target, Target of Target, Focus.
    Last edited by Dibbles; 03-14-2010 at 01:35 PM.

Hey Aliena! For some reason when i load the WTF file and change all my info my game cannot launch does anyone have any info on how to fix this?

Hey Aliena, just curious if your latest pack is now running the latest version of Quartz (3 i believe it is) skinned for your UI? I've done a semi job on it, but just wondering if I could confirm it is the same as your UI.

So I just downloaded and installed this UI. It's not the first UI I've installed and I know I've done everything right. When I try to run WoW, it won't even up, just crashes. I've narrowed it down to being something in the WTF folder, as when I delete it and have WoW create a new one, WoW launches just fine. When I replace it with Aliena's WTF folder, it crashes and won't start again. I run on a Mac, if it makes any difference.

Hiya Aliena i downloaded and installed your pack , good job , thanks
    Does anyone know if its possible to show Race icons or character pictures like the ones in xperl beside my player & target panes
    As atm is hard to tell differance between horde / alliance except reading the class text e.g night elf

WoWScrnShot_031810_090852.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Imriela View Post
    So I just downloaded and installed this UI. It's not the first UI I've installed and I know I've done everything right. When I try to run WoW, it won't even up, just crashes. I've narrowed it down to being something in the WTF folder, as when I delete it and have WoW create a new one, WoW launches just fine. When I replace it with Aliena's WTF folder, it crashes and won't start again. I run on a Mac, if it makes any difference.
    Might not be compatible with Macs. Never owned one, so I can't provide any trouble shooting.

OK, so after some noodling around, I have figured out that it's the 'Config.wtf' file right inside the WTF folder. If your game crashes when you try to start it (don't even see a window pop up or anything to log in), just replace the 'Config.wtf' file with YOUR original/old 'Config.wtf' and it should launch without crashing. At least that fixed it for me.

The issue I'm having now is with Dominos. I play a Priest, and when I try to load the "Priest" profile, it says "Dominos: Invalid profile "Priest""

sorry for double post :S
    Last edited by Meep; 03-18-2010 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Delete Double post

hi

I love ur UI Aliena thx for upload real nice I have a question i have a druid and i have used ur profile "Priest in /dom"
    It works really fine exept for 1 annoying thing When i am in catform "Prowl (Stealth) bar doesnt change :/ any ideas to fix this?
    i have tryed to change profile to "Druid" but it is just the same problem as in profile "Priest" or should it work with profile "Druid" i mby acsidently copyd Priest profile settings to the "Druid" before i tested this issue :?! any1 who could help me i aprisiate this alot thx
    the /dom is set that bar1 will WoWScrnShot_031910_112302.jpgchange in posessbars ex....
    my 2 screenshots include all that needs to see about my problem thx best regards Meep"

EDIT:I just found out how to fix this issue , No need help me about this anymore thx
    I can share my info how i fixxed this type "/dom > Configure bars Right click on bar1 "Change from Layout in scroll window to Druid"
    Then change posessbars what u like them to change to (OBS! do not change to a bar who who use for other skills) for example if u use bar10 for ur buff spells or whatnot dont change "catform to bar10 ex...) Only change to the bar nrs that are HIDE not used by any other skills (for example change Treelife form to bar 9 (beacuse bar9 is not used by other porpuses and u hide the bar9 )

back to the issue the Prowl option was disable i just change it to be enable ^^ Issue is done thx for this forum love it ! love to share cheers
    here is an screenshot there u can see how to change it:
    WoWScrnShot_031910_141700.jpg
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Meep; 03-19-2010 at 06:28 AM.

My suggestion would be forget the WTF folder, just take the Interface/Addons folder, throw that into your UI, then recreate the UI to the way you want it (not taking the WTF folder will reset every frame to default). I had a few small issues like this and decided to just start from scratch (main one was due to my screen resolution).

Quote Originally Posted by Meep View Post
    I love ur UI Aliena thx for upload real nice I have a question i have a druid and i have used ur profile "Priest in /dom"
    It works really fine exept for 1 annoying thing When i am in catform "Prowl (Stealth) bar doesnt change :/ any ideas to fix this?
    i have tryed to change profile to "Druid" but it is just the same problem as in profile "Priest" or should it work with profile "Druid" i mby acsidently copyd Priest profile settings to the "Druid" before i tested this issue :?! any1 who could help me i aprisiate this alot thx
    the /dom is set that bar1 will Attachment 1300change in posessbars ex....
    my 2 screenshots include all that needs to see about my problem thx best regards Meep"
    Attachment 1299
    does it happen when in bear form? or just stealthed cat? (sorry, i don't exactly understand what you mean)

Quote Originally Posted by Dibbles View Post
    does it happen when in bear form? or just stealthed cat? (sorry, i don't exactly understand what you mean)
    Hi Dibbles thx for reply , if u can see my last edit witch i cant (i dont know why i cant even see this post i did about this issue when i go in on this thread , can any1 explain how comes?) thx in advance anyway if u cant see my last edit i tell u here i just fixxed the steath bar problem by simple rightclick on bar1 and change from "layout" to "druid" and scroll the Prowl bar from disable to the bar i liked it to change to in this case bar6 but i have nvr worked with /Dominos before so i didnt know this , but it was fun to find out thx anyway ))

OK, so after some noodling around, I have figured out that it's the 'Config.wtf' file right inside the WTF folder. If your game crashes when you try to start it (don't even see a window pop up or anything to log in), just replace the 'Config.wtf' file with YOUR original/old 'Config.wtf' and it should launch without crashing. At least that fixed it for me.
    The just so others are aware also. The config.wtf file contains some specific information for your platform. For example on Macs you can define the use of OpenGL vs Core video and these items are most likely the cause for WoW not starting. System information is platform specific in most cases.

Your UI is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen

Hey Aliena.

I have a question about the setup you use on pitbull, Always when I try to use it I think it loks bad but this was just amazing . Is there a easy way of making it look like yours? Downloaded pitbull and saw that you could import layout, is that something that can be done with your layout on that pic on first page? or am I misunderstanding it?

also how did you modify quartz that much? is that made in the lua file or can it be done ingame?
    Thanks in advantage
    Awesu
    Last edited by Awesu; 03-23-2010 at 12:22 PM.

+ Reply to Thread