+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Aliena's UI

1) First post in this thread has a big picture with a big arrow pointing to the add-on you're wondering about.

(ClassTimer)

Great UI. Was a huge upgrade from the custom one I made. I do have one problem I cannot seem to figure out. I am not hearing any of the debuff sounds whenever a raid memer is debuffed with something I can dispel or cure. I clicked through GRID and it says it is using the detox sound for it, but I still am not hearing anything. Any advice you have on getting this fixed?

This may have been asked already and i apologize if i am just repeating a previous question, but how would one go about adjusting the ui setup for a lower resolution screen. this setup is one of the best i have seen so far, but everything is so small on my screen. Thank you in advance for whoever can help me.

Hey Aliena, first off awesome UI...love it, with one minor issue that I have been forum crawling for a couple hours trying to solve myself, but just not having any luck. I am getting some NASTY spam and I can't seem to track down with addon it is (I think Prat 3.0), but wondering if you ran into this issue and have any idea how to fix it. I'm getting "COMBAT_EVENT_LOG_UNFILTERED" hundreds of times and its scrolling everything off the screen, then I get alot of other spam in the same format (all caps with "_" seperating words). Non of this information is useful and I'm wondering how to suppress it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulstra View Post
    Great UI. Was a huge upgrade from the custom one I made. I do have one problem I cannot seem to figure out. I am not hearing any of the debuff sounds whenever a raid memer is debuffed with something I can dispel or cure. I clicked through GRID and it says it is using the detox sound for it, but I still am not hearing anything. Any advice you have on getting this fixed?
    I did notice that the package sounds were turned way down, try that

Is there any possibility of getting some of your setting for KGPanels without downloading the whole bunch on wowinterface.com? If there's not, can anyone help me with setting up KGPanels a bit. I don't even need the fancy artwork, I might get on that later, for now, I would be happy with some areas covered by some boxes where I can put my actionbars in, for instance. I know there are lots of addons that do so, but I don't want to lose my whole border.

Thanks in advance,
    Specktrum

P.S.: What's the addon which shows a tooltip on hovering over another player with their buffs displayed?

Quote Originally Posted by Specktrum View Post
    P.S.: What's the addon which shows a tooltip on hovering over another player with their buffs displayed?
    If you mean the one that shows over the right hand side of the screen that displays character/guild/hp/mana(rage/energy) then has buffs above it... then TipTac is the answer.

Aliena, Any chance for a update on Quartz for this, new Quartz completely erased the old settings. =[

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dibbles View Post
    Aliena, Any chance for a update on Quartz for this, new Quartz completely erased the old settings. =[
    I was just about to ask a question about this, but looks like I've been beaten to it.

Aliena - Many thanks on the UI upload. I followed the instructions to the letter, although some addons were rather stubborn and wouldn't pick up any of your profiles. I think I have most of them sussed, however your quartz settings were my most desired and since the latest one wiped the profile (so I can't use copy from) I'm a bit stuck!
    I don't suppose anyone knows where in the WTF folder quartz settings are stored? Kgpanels also refused to pick up your profiles but I think that's slightly easier to configure.
    Grid_quickhealth also seems to bring up a LUA error now too. Does anyone else face the same issues, or is it likely my own addon config?

The other thing was that although SexyMap has the profiles to choose from, the runes are still displayed (pretty colours all over the nice frames!). Is there an easy way of turning that off?

I also faced a minor issue of Clearfonts2 overwriting the font settings of the general tab in prat3. Although if you disable CF2, change the font and re-enable it, it seems to resolve that problem.

If anyone is able to assist please with Quartz and Grid_quickhealth I would be really grateful.
    Many thanks!

Ohh ohh - I forgot two more things.

1. Aliena, I'm not sure if you're aware, but when first logging in with your UI, your battle.net account email (your gmail) is displayed. I think for privacy reasons it's not something you want displayed! Just for your information anyway...

2. Someone mentioned the "package sounds" for grid notifications were turned down. How can I turn them up? Is this within Grid options for WoW's sound options?

Sorry for the many questions!

I've DL the addon pack. And I deleted the WTF and the Interface folder. And rename the new ones and all that. But When I load the game, nothing works. And the profile im supposed to load in the addons ain't there. I cant understand what Im doing wrong. I've DL'ed and installed the pack 3 times now. Any suggestions?

Hey A-

Two questions for you about text orientation in Pitbull:

1.) How are you getting the "Name" text on your Target unit frame to right justify?

2.) How are you managing to get the text all-caps?

Thanks!
    The Raid - A feature length documentary following the lives of a group of virtual raiders.

Hello Aliena. I'm just curious on what addon you started using that shows the bosses/enemies health bar on top of their head. I noticed it in your recent Icecrown Citadel hard mode videos and I wanted to try it out. If you or anyone can let me know the name of the addon I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

EDIT: I think i ended up finding the addon name after looking through a ton of youtube comments :P. Tidy Plates is what it seems to be called for anyone else who was wondering.
    Last edited by Jurradin; 02-21-2010 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPanther View Post
    Grid_quickhealth also seems to bring up a LUA error now too. Does anyone else face the same issues, or is it likely my own addon config?
    Yes, I had this error, I just disabled the addon and it worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPanther View Post
    The other thing was that although SexyMap has the profiles to choose from, the runes are still displayed (pretty colours all over the nice frames!). Is there an easy way of turning that off?
    Just go to the Border's Customisation 'ESC > Interface > Addons > SexyMap > Borders > Background/edge > Rune 1 - 3 (Delete)' once done that, set your Preset to 'Simple Square' then go Current Borders > Background/Edge - Set Scale to whatever size you want (I use 1.1) then Border Texture and change the Border Color to black.

That should set you back to the same way Aliena has hers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilie View Post
    1.) How are you getting the "Name" text on your Target unit frame to right justify?
    Pitbull - Configuration Mode (Solo) > Target > Texts > Name > Frame = Outside, Above-right

Quote Originally Posted by Lilie View Post
    2.) How are you managing to get the text all-caps?
    Same area as above, just the next one down... 'Style > Custom - Style Custom chatbox add
    Code:
    [Name:Truncate(15):Upper]
    Last edited by Dibbles; 02-22-2010 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viaticum View Post
    I've DL the addon pack. And I deleted the WTF and the Interface folder. And rename the new ones and all that. But When I load the game, nothing works. And the profile im supposed to load in the addons ain't there. I cant understand what Im doing wrong. I've DL'ed and installed the pack 3 times now. Any suggestions?
    There's a couple of things you can check:
    • Are you certain you've renamed the folders correctly? The account name is your old account name before battle.net
    • Assuming you've backed up your old WTF and interface folders, and copied Aliena's folders directly into your WoW directory there should be nothing wrong with that process
    • Have you selected the tick box to load out of date addons within the addon menu on the WoW character selection screen?
    • Have the addons you copied from the pack been updated since you installed them? That affects the setup usually
    • Did you follow the tips to load the profiles on the wowinterface page?
    Providing you copied them over correctly, have the folders renamed to reflect your account, character name and realm name, have enabled out of date addons and haven't updated the addons since; you should be able to see all the addons correctly. You may have to alter it for your screen resolution and be aware your video and sound settings will change.
    Hope this helps.

Thanks very much Dibbles. I actually found a preset that looks very similar and suits me
    I'm disappointed about the quick health. I might have to do some digging to see why it's failing.

Hello Sorry if I'm restating a question, but I really couldn't find some kind of link to your artwork for Kg panels. If for some reason there is no such thing possible, please correct me. I would just LOVE to have that artwork without downloading the whole pack. The artwork is amazing. I've tried looking for other artwork, but it doesn't compare. I did find ONE like from Aliena, but it was broken. If you could make a link to some kind of Artwork, I would be a very happy priest

Do you use Clique with your grid to do click casting of your heals? I have tried to set it up but run into issues when I am trying to do a cast that is not listed to the person like greater heal that is not in the clique menu..

Hi Aliena,
    Is it possible to just get your Grid settings? I've been having this on going battle with configuring Grid for a long time. Currently I use xperl and I really would like to make the switch to Grid but I can't seem to get it configured correctly. Seeing that you are a healer and I play a holy paladin I think the way you have it configured would be pretty much what I'm looking for besides adding beacon and sacred shield.

Xperl is configured to stay darkened out until someone takes damage in range or gets a debuff in range then it lights up thier HP bar which I have configured to be class colored. I also have xperl configured to show debuffs as well as raid debuffs.

So my question is if I download your UI pack could I only pull Grid out and the settings? I don't need the entire compliation I just need YOUR GRID!!!!

**EDIT**
    OK so I just found the awesome Grid guide for healers you did. I will use this when I have some time to mess around with Grid again.
    Last edited by Prophyt; 03-01-2010 at 10:59 AM.

I'm having trouble getting the chat window to appear on top of the kgpanels. Haven't really tried with the bars but I'm guessing that'll be the same deal.

Also I tried using all your settings directly but it kinda just got the casting bars and hotkeys all over the place.

Either way, lovely UI!

Thanks for the ui pack, but i have one little problem and its right smack bang in the middle of my screen, i have no idea what addon this is or how to get rid of it. any help identifiying the culprit is appricated.
    Attachment 1214

+ Reply to Thread