+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Aliena's UI

oh sorry I didnt mean that shat box, i figured that out whilst messing around with Prat a little whiule ago. I was meaning every other bit of text in the game. Be it loot/item stats, buffs, target information and spell/ability descriptions. Is this just e not seeing where to make that bigger or is it just some weird thing with my WoW?

I am only using your compilation pack Aliena, so there should be no conflicts there.

Sorry to be a pain, and thanks in advance.

Um, you could always adjust the UI scale I spose but I don't know of any global chat setting that would cause it.

Hey, loving the UI

Having a problem trying to get it to work though. I've just downloaded and extracted the files but none of the addons are showing when I log back on. Don't suppose anyone could tell me where I'm going wrong?

Thx-Chal
    Be nice..or that heal just might not cast in time
    Twilight Vanquisher Chalqualn

Must've forgotten to enable out of date add ons or picked the wrong folder to install to or missed the wtf folders! I'm afraid I can't really troubleshoot faulty installations - if you do everything as explained in a clean folder, it works. I've tried and tested this a billion times.

Ahh I went to the trouble shoot thing on WoW-Interface. Turned out my laptop had 2 different folders for Wow..

Sorted now and it looks great My screen resolution is slightly different to the one its optimized for but it seems to work out great. Just healed Freya+3 and the grid frames were just so easy to use
    Be nice..or that heal just might not cast in time
    Twilight Vanquisher Chalqualn

Hey Aliena, although i didn't take your exact setup, i used your add-on list to my advantage and made somewhat of a similar setup, Its still in the works and alot of the clutter has been removed(i.e. target of target UI) Please take a look and let me know of anything i've missed.

Only real visual issue i have is doing FL in uld. Unless I'm driving a bike the vech is completely covered by grid, any way i can crop the bottom part of the screen? essentially leaving all the mumbo jumbo at the bottom out of the picture making the actual bottom of my screen above grid? I also wanted to ask about grid-quickhealth and powerauras, does it still work? haven't figured it out yet. I am a former x-pearl user and love grid compared to it but i have an issue with monitoring minor health changes and dmg, just seems like my reaction time to grid/pitbulls healthbars are slower then they used to be with xpearl, could be a getting used to issue.

I use widescreen and zoom out far so I don't really have that problem. =(

you could use viewport and do that, but it would cut down the viewing area of your screen a lot.

EDIT: its here if you want to try it
    http://www.ctmod.net/downloads/
    Last edited by squats; 10-04-2009 at 07:29 PM.

Very nice UI and always enjoy your movie guides. I was recently watching your 10-man TotGC Anub'arak video and was looking at the nameplates you had visible. Is that modified ingame nameplates?

That would be my most recent addon addition, Aloft!

Grid help please

First off, I just love your UI setup.

I just have a question about grid. How did you set it up to the way you have it now? It looks as if you can move each little box... Do you move it all at once or can you move each single box by its self? If so, how did you get grid to do that?

Thank you for your time!

Nope, just the entire thing moves. You can change the layout to sort groups differently but as far as I know you can't move each box independently.

PowerAura

Hey im probably being really dumb, Now im interested in the PowerAura addon, Im currently playing a few classes that a proc based ( Mage/Druid ) and am wanting a Addon that flashes up in the middle of my screen showing me of a proc, Is this the right addon for me? If so, would it be possible to get a brief explaination on how to set it up?

Thanks in advance, Raz

Above Characters?

Whenever i press V in WoW, it brings up something above the character. Like a bar with their health in it. I noticed you have an enhanced sort of addon of that or something. I was wondering what it was called. Thx.

-Evan

Quote Originally Posted by EvantehRetadin View Post
    Whenever i press V in WoW, it brings up something above the character. Like a bar with their health in it. I noticed you have an enhanced sort of addon of that or something. I was wondering what it was called. Thx.

-Evan
    By default pressing V will bring up nameplates.
    Shift V I believe shows friendly name plates.

The best addon to modify these that I've found is called Aloft, which can be set up to look like this:

Thanks

Thank you so so much! I've been searching for this addon for months

Zoom

Great set up

just a quick nooby question about your screen...How do u zoom out of your character so far? I've tried several macros and commands but nuthing seems to work, is it an addon? I can only get the blizz zoom limit on mine and would appreciate help in sorting that out

Aliena, quick question. I was noticing in your videos, whenever you hover your mouse over spells or players, the way the letters appear is so neat and organized. What addon do you use to have your ingame font like that?

+ Reply to Thread