+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My tankadin gear needs a little work, HELP! :o

My tankadin gear needs a little work, HELP! :o

Alright so my tankadin gear is alright i guess im over geared for naxx10 but im still not happy with the gear

I ran a macro to get my unhittable stats and i got

-Unhittable at 102.4% - you have 98.71% (with Holy shield active)

this still isn't good enough for me,

Heres a link to my armory please take a look over the stats my gems/chants trinks etc etc let me know what you think.

Any thing will be greatly helpful, I'm in the process of grinding badges for vendor gear also let me know which things you think i should pick up

Armory link to my tankadin is -

The World of Warcraft Armory

The macro i used for gathering my unhittable stats is -

Code:
    /run ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Unhittable at 102.4%% - you have %.2f%%", GetDodgeChance() + GetBlockChance() + GetParryChance() + 5 + 1/(0.0625 + 0.956/(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)/4.91850*0.04))))
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Well im all done with some gem changes a minor respec to give myself 2/2 vindication current stats are at

def 547
    Dodge - 25.13%
    Parry - 18.02%
    Block - 16.86% (46.86%) with Holy shield

All adding up to a little under 100% so im guessing its a good start thanks for the help guys
    Last edited by JmzRed; 08-21-2009 at 11:05 AM.

Use the macro when you have full raid buffs rather than unbuffed. Raid buffs usually give you an extra 3-4% toward being unhittable, so being unhittable unbuffed is a waste of iLevel budget on Block Rating that ends up being pushed off the table.

Generally your gear is fine, though get rid of the Parry gem in your belt as you're not nearly at the point where you get more avoidance from Parry than Dodge.

If you're running Naxx-10 at the moment, pay particular attention to a trinket from Thaddius called Repelling Charge - it's a straight upgrade to Seal of the Pantheon and all that lovely Defense Rating will both free up some gem slots for Stamina and/or Avoidance stats and will give you lots of Avoidance in itself. Of all the gear from Naxx-10, Repelling Charge is the one thing you'll always keep in your bag simply for the flexibility it'll grant you in gearing up. It's also useful for keeping above the defense minimum in your Frost Resist gear. If your guild uses DKP for your runs in Naxx, I'd suggest saving for that above anything else from the 10-man.

Great idea i'm going to change the gem to a dodge one now I've also just switched one of my trinkets The essence of Gossamer to
    Valor medal of the first war, I heard it was an IMBA dodge trink with that it's granting me +60 dodge rating and at the cost of losing 111stam i can take it
    I get about 42k HP fully raid buffed so it isn't too much of an issue.
    Not like you need 40k for naxx10 :P

That Gem just cost me 390g >> The prices on my server at the moment are retarded.
    Last edited by JmzRed; 08-21-2009 at 08:42 AM.

Get 2/2 vindication in your build, the AP debuff is a large amount of mitigation. You're also missing the defense enchant on your chest.

+ Reply to Thread