Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Twin Valkyrs Encounter

Quote Originally Posted by Voodan View Post
    I actually have a question regarding the shields. Has it been, in fact, confirmed that the shields share the same characteristics of the Valk that casts them? In other words, is it benefitial to have casters switch essences to burn the shield down?
    Yes. We tried it without switching and tragedy ensued, then we switched and the fight was trivial...we also moved them closer together which helped melee quite a bit.

There are also abilities "Surge of Light" and "Touch of Light" that mimic the two hardmode abilities. Those are the abilities tied to the light twin.

We're currently working under the assumption that the surges (2500 shadow/fire every 2sec on 10m, 4500 shadow/fire every 2 sec on 25m) are passive auras that persist throughout the encounter, similar to steelbreaker's passive aura. The Touch spells have a 28y range listed for their radius on mmo's database, and an extra value on wowhead of 25. not sure what exactly that means since mmo's 28y range is often misleading on some other abilities (for example, it lists one of steelbreaker's high voltages as having a 28y range), but we've been thinking of those like the light bomb on xt, except with a much larger range, so that we have something to go with. body and soul ftw .
    Last edited by michah; 08-31-2009 at 03:28 PM.

Oh lordy is dat sum ae on twins?!

Yeah, they're definitely now, on normal mode, doing what they obviously were meant to all along. Everybody will take 2k-ish damage a tick all fight from each val'kyr... obviously you're attuned to one or the other and so only take damage from the opposite. Our healers quickly stopped complaining about the fight being boring, but it's a lot like High Voltage or Sapphiron's frost aura... important to be ready for but didn't really make a big difference once healers knew it was there.

Wall 0' Text updated to confirm that Surge of Light/Darkness are now active on normal mode.

Touch of {Darkness,Light}

After going through several WoL parses of successful 25H Twin Val'kyr's kills in preparations for our attempts on them tonight, I'm confident in saying that the Touches are only removable by letting them tick for 20 seconds (surely a wipe) or switching to the corresponding Essence. Here's the combat log evidence I've dug up (simultaneous events are bolded):

[21:53:18.602] Ishaxa afflicted by Touch of Light from Fjola Lightbane
    [21:53:20.697] Ishaxa's Dark Essence fades
    [21:53:20.697] Ishaxa's Touch of Light fades
    [21:53:20.697] Ishaxa afflicted by Light Essence from Ishaxa

[21:53:24.265] Ishaxa's Light Essence fades
    [21:53:24.265] Ishaxa afflicted by Dark Essence from Ishaxa

[21:54:51.140] Arkenphal afflicted by Touch of Darkness from Eydis Darkbane
    [21:54:54.890] Arkenphal's Light Essence fades
    [21:54:54.890] Arkenphal's Touch of Darkness fades
    [21:54:54.890] Arkenphal afflicted by Dark Essence from Arkenphal

You can find more of the same using this WoL log filter:

Code:
    [{"spellNames": ["Touch of Light"], "eventTypes": [4]}, {"spellNames": ["Touch of Darkness"], "eventTypes": [4]}, {"spellNames": ["Dark Essence"], "eventTypes": [4]}, {"spellNames": ["Light Essence"], "eventTypes": [4]}]

Quote Originally Posted by easttuth View Post
    Here's our planned positioning for the speed achievement. Will let y'all know how it works out.

http://elitistcasuals.com/valkyr/ValkyrTNF.pdf

Focus: Maximize DPS uptime; minimize movement requirements and target-switching downtime. Allows cleave-type abilities.
    Credit goes to easttuth for the layout . I created an easier to view version of the layout.

Twin Val'kyr - Positioning Strategy #1

Can anyone 100% confirm that your color aura does/doesn't affect damage done to the SHIELD?

I am under the impression that the aura color only affects damage done to a TWIN. The actual damage to the SHIELD is different.

Im sure this is a dumb question but..

At the begining of this thread in "Important note" first line its stated that they must "not" go down at the same time.

With that being stated, what would happen if you had your raid focused on only one of the twins and bring her down then move on the the other. In the mean time have one tank, one heals, and perhaps one person grabbing the orbs (if you dont have your healer doing that task) on the opposite twin. Just a thought, but I dont know I have only fced them once and it didnt work out too well.

Noticed afterwards, apparently missed a couple of post, that the idea of tanking them in the middle basically entails the idea I was thinking of.
    Last edited by skyking; 10-01-2009 at 01:40 PM. Reason: better ideas apparent

Quote Originally Posted by skyking View Post
    At the begining of this thread in "Important note" first line its stated that they must "not" go down at the same time.

With that being stated, what would happen if you had your raid focused on only one of the twins and bring her down then move on the the other. In the mean time have one tank, one heals, and perhaps one person grabbing the orbs (if you dont have your healer doing that task) on the opposite twin. Just a thought, but I dont know I have only fced them once and it didnt work out too well.

Noticed afterwards, apparently missed a couple of post, that the idea of tanking them in the middle basically entails the idea I was thinking of.
    They share a health pool. If you kill one, the other dies as well. They always go down at the same time.

It doesn't matter what route you choose, You can split your raid, or just focus one down. You just need to remember the mechanics of the fight. If you switch color for some reason (Light/Dark Vortex, or to kill a shield (which you don't even have to do in normal)) then you just DPS the other twin until you have to switch again.
    "Upon an order we plead, with the lure of a song, a sacred song, to the moon and the stars. An illusionary light is here placed."