+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can I start tanking heroics?

Can I start tanking heroics?

Hey all,

Just wondering if some of you experienced tanks could give me some pointers, namely if I can tank the lower heroics in my current gear.
    The World of Warcraft Armory

I think I'm a fairly decent tank - still learning, but I finally got my def to 535 today so what do you guys think? Last night I tanked reg ToC a few times with no problems, but I'm unsure of the difficultly gap between that and say heroic UK or Nexus. Thanks!

Heh...non-heroic ToC is probably harder than heroic uk or nexus (except for the stun pulls in uk).

Socket the gloves, get at least the Venture Co. Libram of Protection - Item - World of Warcraft, if you can't get something else (isn't there a consecrate quest reward libram somewhere?)...other than that, your HP is a bit low...but that'll be fixed in like...2 heroics. VH is easy, UK is easy, Nexus is easy (assuming you know the fights, if not, know them before you go in)...you should be fine for some of the easier ones.

cool thanks
    are the heroic boss fights different enough that i need to read up on them?
    ive ran all the regular instances at least a few times

also what would be good for a red socket? +str?

negative, dodge, or dodge / stamina

also, if youve done them on normal i wouldnt worry about it,
    if you have questions cuz something looks different just ask your group.
    VH, UK, Nexus are all extremely easy heroics, so i'd run them some and then do UP, Gun, stuff like that, which isnt too hard either.

Hey, for your spec, this the best in game spec for you to use,
    The World of Warcraft Armory

If you have any questions or concerns about the spec feel free to ask, im open to questions.

For your glyphs, you need glyph of divine please, reduced damage, and glyph of seal of vengence it will help your threat a bunch. The last glyph is your choice but I highly recommend AS glyphs or judgement glyphs.

Also, a good red gem is 8 dodge/12 stam

Hope I could help!

Just ask if you have any questions about these.

+ Reply to Thread