+ Reply to Thread

Thread: people say I get hit hard, warrior advice request

people say I get hit hard, warrior advice request

Hey, first of all welcome my first post!
    now the issue:
    I was talking with my firend healer and he said that I take big hits, and it's harder to heal me than our guilds pala or druid tank. Well they have better gear than me, but imo the diference should't be that big. I have same avoidance than that pala tank and he has 2k more hp.

my armory link The World of Warcraft Armory the gear is my usual, I have full stam set+4 part t8 bonus, not to good avoidance set about 2%more avoidance than my regular gear. Oh and I'll change my shoulders for t9 ones today or tomorow

oh and that's the pala I'm compareing to The World of Warcraft Armory

any advices what I can do to improve my survivalibity?

You are right. The difference shouldn't be that big between you two. Just, try to keep shield block up, remember to thunderclap and Demo shout to lessen the incoming damage.

As I can see, he has a little more avoidance than you, a little more health and a little more armor. So shouldn't be a big issue.
    The box said: "Requires Windows 98 or better.", so I installed Linux.

How are you glyphed?

Quote Originally Posted by Dustywt4 View Post
    How are you glyphed?
    His armory says that.
    Blocking, Revenge and Taunt.
    The box said: "Requires Windows 98 or better.", so I installed Linux.

Change your glyphs to block, last stand and shield wall. Throw last stand and shield wall in your "rotation" rather than using them just as oh sh** buttons.

Tanking

Theirs some considerable differences between the paly you linked and yourself. Adding some of the glyphs into your rotation posted above would most definately help, however, the paladin has these things on you atm.

1. Divine Plea Glyph = While "Divine Plea" is active you take 3% reduced dmg.

2. Blessing of Sanctuary = 10% HP + Dmg reduced by 3%

3. Improved Devotion Aura talented = Devotion aura offers an additional armor + 6% healing taken.

4. Divine Guardian talented = additional 20% dmg absorbed per hit while active.

5. He already has 1k more armor to begin with.

6. Glyph of Salvation = 20% reduced dmg taken.

7. Judgments of the Just talented = Reduces the melee attack speed of the target when judged.

8. Divinity talented = 5% increased healing to the paladin.

Compair all this to your warrior and see what you come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Flee View Post
    4. Divine Guardian talented = additional 20% dmg absorbed per hit while active.
    6. Glyph of Salvation = 20% reduced dmg taken.

7. Judgments of the Just talented = Reduces the melee attack speed of the target when judged.
    correct me if i'm wrong for some of these.

4.divine guardian isn't used during MTing/OTing cuz of aggro drop, tho i think your talking about the sacred shield portion if so your wording was confusing.

6.you use blessing of salvation on a tank? really?

7. thunderclap does the same.

thank you all for responces,
    I don't quite understad using last stand and shield wall in my rotation as you said. should I just pop them when ever they are of cd?

Quote Originally Posted by shieldbanger View Post
    correct me if i'm wrong for some of these.

4.divine guardian isn't used during MTing/OTing cuz of aggro drop, tho i think your talking about the sacred shield portion if so your wording was confusing.

6.you use blessing of salvation on a tank? really?

7. thunderclap does the same.
    6. when glyphed its an extra damage reduction cooldown, only worth doing when you have a huge threat lead though.

Personally, I don't use blessing of salvation on myself while I tank, however, I was simply emerging the differences between the two characters.

Divine guardian doesn't lessen agro. When talented it increases the dmg abosorbed BY Sacred Shield, which should always be up. Holy shield will still work no matter how much dmg you take and since no mob in raids or heroics can get completely abosorbed, you will still be able to generate threat from holy shield.

Oh Yes, what he means by adding them into your rotation could be something like this. If you pull more then 1 group of mobs you may wish to pop Shield wall so you aren't getting pounded to death. While this is up your dps can aoe the crap out of the group hopefully knocking out a couple, thus less mobs to hit you. After shield wall is up you may wish to pop Last Stand. Giving yourself some extra HP to heal through could provide useful while you still have a bunch of mobs up. Doing this sort of rotation it would give you an increased chance of survival along with being easier to heal then if you had popped Last stand first and taking tons of dmg at once from the 6 or more mobs vs hitting shield wall and taking nothing while the dps crams down a few mobs real fast. This is 1 example of what he was referring to.
    Last edited by Flee; 08-20-2009 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Last stand + shield wall

+ Reply to Thread