+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heroic ToC and Gems

Heroic ToC and Gems

Hey hows it going.

I've tanked every heroic 5 man (cept Gundrak...just havnt been yet) with no problems in the gear im in. My Gear. I tried my hand at Heroic ToC the other night, and the healer blasted me for getting hit too hard, etc etc. Am i not ready for ToC? I made it thru once, so was that healer just really good? did i get lucky? The group that went south, i was topping the dps charts as the tank..so that tells me something right there..but..i guess i just need a ego boost or something lol.

Aside from that, im having trouble picking gems. Ive pretty much been stacking stamina and defense, but i know i need to work on avoidance. any help is appreciated!

Krevlorne

I think your fine for ToC. With a group that does low dps the healer will have to work extra hard because it obviously takes you longer to down stuff. And from what my healers tell me, ToC is a test on the healer. Probably your successful group had good dps and good heals.

I personally can't find any reason to not stack stamina. The only non-stamina gem I use is a purple dodge/stam to get the meta gem activated. IMHO, avoidance comes faster and better from gear upgrades. I personally won't ever gem for it.

thanks for the reassurance. Im gonna try for H ToC again tonight and pray that the PUG gods are kind. I think ive got a parry gem..might replace it with straight stam. Ive got the armsman enchant on my gloves..should i stick with that or swap it out? Howling blast/Blood boil spam seem to hold agro just fine, so im thinking that enchant might be wasted.

Thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Krevlorne View Post
    thanks for the reassurance. Im gonna try for H ToC again tonight and pray that the PUG gods are kind. I think ive got a parry gem..might replace it with straight stam. Ive got the armsman enchant on my gloves..should i stick with that or swap it out? Howling blast/Blood boil spam seem to hold agro just fine, so im thinking that enchant might be wasted.

Thanks for the advice.
    Armsmen enchant is an excellent enchant - there are options but armsmen is the most popular on my server. Stacking stamina gems will give your healers more time to react, I thoroughly recommend it for heroics as fights are short and mana pools are long.

When I began heroic grinding I repeatedly added every competent healer I ran across to my friends list - eventually you will always have a tank (yourself) and a healer you trust. This could be helpful in your situation.

Looking at stats, could say you're overgeared for heroics and healer shouldn't have any problem keeping you up unless he's totally incompetent. Ofcourse you can't always put blame on healer, weak dps will also be a serious handicap on last boss and it makes healing very difficult as the damage ramps up.
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU

+ Reply to Thread