+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HALP been told i get hit to hard

HALP been told i get hit to hard

Ok i posted this earlier but am very new to this so. i what to get better at tanking i like to be the off tank. i seem to have getting heals or i get hit to hard. today i was in VOA25 and was geting somked fast i have tank it many times but it seems 3.2 they forgot to add in Warrior tank stat and left out the mechanics. i was pulled from a uldar 10 man raid cause they diddnt think i could tank Gen. V. PLEASE help me

TYVM
    he link to armory
    The World of Warcraft Armory

You're not maxxed on defense for one thing...need 540 Def for raids. Or maybe you logged out in DPS gear so we can't look at your armory?

-

Well you have fixed up you +def now do the rest read the stickies.

Lavanthor's Talisman - Item - World of Warcraft is a block trinket it has no place in ulduar. Take it put it in bank and leave it there for when you want to solo old level 70 heroics.

Got a stam trinket insert there.

Your gemming is horrid I cant even pick a pattern AP+strength here, parry+Strength there it's like dash of this dash of that read up on gemming and do it in consistant way.

You have low avoidance and very high block trade some of that block crap out. Things like your belt you must have the conquest badges to go get
    Shieldwarder Girdle - Item - World of Warcraft just because Dragonslayer's Brace - Item - World of Warcraft has an ilevel 226 doesnt make it good. Wrist Bindings of the Hapless Prey - Item - World of Warcraft is another block piece you should be able to use old valour badges or buy Bracers of Dalaran's Parapets - Item - World of Warcraft which will serve you better.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

I'd start by replacing all of your purple gems with Dodge/Stam. AP will not help you survive, the block from STR really isn't worth it, and parry is subject to diminish faster than dodge, so it's still better to gem for dodge over parry.

As mentioned get rid of the block trinket, it's okay for a threat set, but I still wouldn't recommend it in any way. Level up your Jewelcrafting and get the JC trinket, until then the Essence of Gossamar from Heroic: Azjol-Nerub is a good substitute. You'll also be able to make use of the 51 stam gems which will help quite a bit.

Your spec could do with some tweaking. You only need 15 points in the Arms tree to reach Deep Wounds, and Iron Will, Improved Rend and Anger Management are not going to help you while tanking. Try something like this (have a play around with what you prefer, like Focused Rage if you prefer it): The World of Warcraft Armory

Enchant your weapon.

Upgrades will help you from then on. So unless you're doing something like sitting down or not facing the mobs, healers will just need to adapt.
    Toblerone - Space Goat Warrior
    Chupachup - Space Goat Shaman

+ Reply to Thread