+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What to use?

What to use?

Pretty new to gearing d/w frost so I have a couple of basic gear questions.

Currently I have 4pc bonus but last night I got Gauntlets of Rising Anger - Item - World of Warcraft they are clearly and upgrade to the tier 8 gloves I am using now. But I would loose the 4pc bonus. Logically that seems like a bad idea to me.

I also picked up Iron Riveted War Helm - Item - World of Warcraft, but again not real sure this is an upgrade over tier 8.5 helm that I currently use, not to mention I would loose the 4pc bonus.

Then we killed XT and Clockwork Legplates - Item - World of Warcraft, since they were going to rot I figured I would take them just in case. I currently use Plated Leggings of Ruination - Item - World of Warcraft. So I wondered if the increased arp, since I am at 306 arp atm would be a better trade off even though I am going to loose 2 gem slots or 60 str on the legs.

Moving along through the night Insurmountable Fervor - Item - World of Warcraft drops. By this time I am feeling like a big fat loot whore but hey no one else needed it so I grabbed it. Well I am using Collar of Ceaseless Torment - Item - World of Warcraft. Granted it has agi/stam vrs. str/stam but the Collar has ArP on it so I am twixxed wondering which is better.

As you can see from my questions I am at a total loss about gearing this new spec. As much as I try to wrap my head around the best choices I am just at a loss of whats best. Since I don't generally dps in a raid, I am one of the 2 MTs I don't get to focus solely on that aspect. So, while I am sure some people have a lot more to do then answer my newbie questions. I would greatly appreciate the help.

It is a bit relative to your current stats. If you can stay with a healthy hit levels, I would pick the crit/arp items, while devaluing the haste items. if your hit is for some weird reason low, then keep valuing hit, and so on. Factor in what you gain from gems and AP from strength and you should get an idea for an items worth. Incidentally, from a purely budgetary perspective, you can take your less desirable stats and see how they stack up against a blue quality gem (sockets are balanced around blue quality gems). So for example, 24 stamina would have been worth 16 strength, or 16 haste could have been 16 crit, and so on.

And if you still can't decide, the more gem slots the better, since the budget will stink but it does give you the stats you want/need.

Thanks for the input, anyone else able to add anything?

+ Reply to Thread