+ Reply to Thread

Thread: T9 or Badge shoulders?!?

T9 or Badge shoulders?!?

OK I am really torn between the t9 or the triumph badge shoulders...Pros of the triumph shoulders parry dodge about 40 more strength a bit more stam Pros of the t9 more def lots more dodge but the cons of this are the strength on these are the same as t 7.5 shoulders not much stam and no parry. The t9 does have expertise how important is that I have 27 exp atm. Please tell me what you think I would love to hear what you guys think!

I'm not goin to answer your question (because i don't know) but one other thing I would put into consideration is whether or not you will be collecting other pieces of T9 or not

I have to say I came here with the SAME question.

My thoughts are this:

The t9 costs 50% less (30 badges v. 45) and so you can gear up elsewhere faster (like that RING! THE RING! I NEED THAT RING!)

The t9 has a two-piece set bonus that is very decent for threat generation (lowers an attack CD, as well as ups damage on another attack)

The Triumph badges have the benefit of providing about 125 total mitigation (dodge+parry+block through strength buff), whereas t9's offer about 75. My current shoulders offer me approximately 60 (the Aurous shoulderplates from H ToC 5man)

The t9's offer a blue socket, the Triumph has a red (not that it matters overly). The triumph will grant you an additional 20 stam over the t9's, in addition to a huge 40 str more. (that might offset the lack of threat from not havign an eventual set bonus)

i don't have much in the way of threat problems, but will have to tweak an enchant or so to get back to hit-capping, as my current shoulders carry +hit. The t9's have a nice little bit of exp (nowhere near that cap myself), and the Triumphs carry nothing of the sort, they are entirely defense based.

Oh, defense i'm at approximately 552, and the t9's are actually a smidgen better than the Triumph shoulders by 7 points, somehow, even being a lower iLvl.

So hopefully, that info might help push you in one direction over the other (I am leaning towards the Triumphs for the overall mitigation bump), and I hope that other people will chime in with their thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by winterbourne View Post
    The t9 costs 50% less (30 badges v. 45) and so you can gear up elsewhere faster (like that RING! THE RING! I NEED THAT RING!)
    The reason for this is because T9 is a lower ilvl.

Triumph emblem gear is 245, t9(conqueror's) is 232. The T9 (triumphant) is 245 and needs a trophy of the crusade + same number of emblems (so you end up paying more sadly).

On balance the discount is really nice for something that's just a tier lower.

Yeah, i get the tiers entirely. And the Triumph shoulders ARE better overall. i am just wondering if they are significantly improved to validate me grinding out another 15 emblems and committing what amounts to 23 days of dailies to this one item.

Obviously, from the above, you can tell i am not a Heroic Ulduar geared tank at all, and so I think I will grab the lesser t9 shoulders and then spread my emblems into upgrading me overall (ring and libram seem to be very nice too), and try to earn my way into the bigger raids in my guild, and then take aim at a couple of these really high-end pieces.

well problem solved I won the trophy tonight t 9.5 here I come : )

As nice as the emblem (non tier) shoulders are, the Tier9 set bonuses more than make up for the difference. Reduced taunt cooldown and increased Devastate damage are very nice features both by themselves and in combination with the Tier8 2 bonus that increases Devastates crit chance.

Getting to the Tier9 4 bonus is a solid mitigation feature. Shield block goes from a 40 second cooldown (with talents) to a 30 second cooldown. That means you now have 100% block rating up for 1/3 of every minute instead of 1/4.

Set bonuses are win.

Save your badges and get a trophie for the T9 (25 man). thats what i am doing... i got my t9(25 man) Gloves. and almost got enough for the shoulders (which might be ym next purchase)...

But both the Badge and the T9 (25man) are the same... if you cant get a trophie get the badge one... if u can get a trophie get the t9 25 man

I'm only going for 2 pieces of t9, shoulders and hands so I just need another trophy for my shoulders then I can start buying the helm and ring.

With the extreme lack of hit on most of the ToC gear, the legs seem kind of mandatory for me. Given the lack of an alternative to t9 gloves and that the shoulders and chest are fairly equal in itemization to other alternatives, I think I'll most likely try on the 4pc for size and see how it does.

+ Reply to Thread