+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eitrigg's Oath

Eitrigg's Oath

Lately with our nerf's i get the impression Blizzard would prefer us to die, however, i acquired the item Eitrigg's Oath today from 10 man toc and after being annoyed once i realised that it is an effect on demand trinket tested it out. In voa on emalon's adds it easily stacked up to 5 stacks, giving me 6325 for nearly its full duration of 20 seconds. My question to do with this trinket is whether or not it's better than The Black Heart.
    Thinking about it aloud i am going to say with the dodge rating on EO and its effect on demand making it great for multiple monster tanking because of the higher chance to not get hit and the blows that manage to hit being much softer, However, since the black heart has a similar effect just instead being more armor, not on demand and comes with increased stam:

i think it's almost ridiculous that Eitrigg's Oath comes from the 10 man trial of the crusader raid while The Black Heart comes from regular trial of the champion
    unless there's some annoyingly large internal cooldown on the black heart's effect.
    So now it's not a question it's a statement, anyone care to share some light on the subject? i hope i'm wrong

You're not wrong.

Black Heart proc has a 45 sec internal cooldown and procs quite reliably once the cooldown is up.

The fact that you get effective health instead of avoidance on the Black Heart as well makes it by far superior to Eitrigg's.

You might get something out of the controlled use of the Eitrigg's on bosses that have predictable high physical burst damage, but to be honest in instances like that you would probably want the stam on the Black Heart anyway.

great it's good to know some of the intelligence from the people on this site is rubbing off on me hahah
    cheers for the feedback jingadingdangdo

Quote Originally Posted by jingadingdangdo View Post
    You're not wrong.

Black Heart proc has a 45 sec internal cooldown and procs quite reliably once the cooldown is up.

The fact that you get effective health instead of avoidance on the Black Heart as well makes it by far superior to Eitrigg's.

You might get something out of the controlled use of the Eitrigg's on bosses that have predictable high physical burst damage, but to be honest in instances like that you would probably want the stam on the Black Heart anyway.

im quite sure the black heart does not have a 45 sec internal cd ... i have had mine refresh mid buff multipul times ... now i dunno if thats because when mongoose procs this trinket (yes mongoose and bladeward proc the black heart for some reason) that ignores or refreshes that 45 sec internal ... but if u have either one of those weapon enchants ... the black heart does not have a 45 sec internal cd

+ Reply to Thread