+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I take really big hits

I take really big hits

Ok is it just me or do warrior tanks take really big hit in raids. i was in H Cos with a good healer and he was have problems keeping me up. im geared for uld 10 with a few t8.5 items. my raid leader has had to replace me because i cant tank a boss that should be no problem for me. most of the time i take 10k to 15k hits!! Is this right??

Pardon, but where were you? H CoS normally refers to Heroic Culling of Stratholme.

The only alternative I could guess is Trial of the Crusader, for which there is no heroic version yet... further the number of players in the raid (10 or 25 man) and the boss you were experiencing troubles with would be hugely helpful in evaluating your situation.

An armory profile link would also help.

You can't provide too much information.

To answer your question in a broader sense... warriors can tank every encounter in the game.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

sry im very new to forums. And very frustraded at the situation. but my stats are 30.5hp unbuffed %17 dodge %13 parry %21block. the boss im refering to to Gen. Vezax

heres the link for when it refreshes
    The World of Warcraft Armory
    Last edited by thomasjh; 08-19-2009 at 08:07 AM. Reason: mis spelling

Alright, the armory still shows you as DPS but based on your stats here is my take on it.

-> 10 -15k hits in ulduar are pretty normal I dont know why you are surprised at that, and yes General hits hard. Tell your healers to step it up a bit.
    -> If you dont have any defense trinkets I sugges using Gossomar and Black Heart or any 2 stam trinket to get a little boost in HP which will surely help
    -> Explain how you are doing Vezax, Kiting or stand and eat? If you stand and eat, you will need a CD every minute when he gains Surge of Darkness, so you will need to spec 2 points into improved discipline and use shield wall plus Last Stand glyph, without those the healer wont be able to heal you through it. In 25 man you will need external cooldowns if you want to stand and eat it. Its probably not a bad Idea to save Shield Block for surges.

Here is a link to Tankspot General Vezax Strat Video, this might help http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f206/...ral-vezax.html

and, yeah there is no reason for the raid leader to replace you if you have your basics down for the fight.
    Last edited by gabbu; 08-19-2009 at 08:23 AM.

dont know

i was kicked from the grp before he let me try to tank him and was told sry. Do pallies get hit like this?

%17 dodge %13 parry - your avoidance stats are a bit on the low side. Ulduar tanking favors avoidance with most bossen being slow-hitting/high damage.

Link to your armory?

Your block is higher than your dodge .. you have read about block not being a great stat in ulduar because of the size of hit ... right?

You are in your arms dps gear on armory so can't do specifics but dump any block gear you can for better avoidance stats.

24-26% dodge 17-19% parry 15-18% block would be normal range I am used to seeing in typical 10 man gear.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

your avoidance number is certainly very low, My dodge has been at 24%+ and parry 20% + since nax gear. Dont bother gearing for block value block rating gear.

+ Reply to Thread