+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Coliseum Faction Champions

Never been in the raiding scene before 80, but the hardest fight for me so far would be Malygos - without a dk. You're constently repositioning making sure the sparks are in the right spot, and your dps is going crazy.

Mim hard mode was pretty good as well.

For the past 2 weeks my guild has NOT been able to get past this in 25 man. We are trying to CC the rogue and the disc priest/druid, disarm rotation on the warrior, kill the shaman healer, and stun lock the paladin healer....we get 1 healer dead, and the raid falls apart....

I've done this encounter a few times now, and I have yet to see only one healer in the ten man encounter. IMO, in a one healer situation it would be prudent to start burning the most deadly dps mob first and CC/interrupt the healer as much as possible.

If you think 10 man normal is difficult, wait until you try ten man hard mode, Rogue+shadowstep=almost instantly dead player. Our opponents were healing Priest, holy pally, enhancement shaman, rogue, mage, and boomkin. The only way were were able to get them down was to have our boomkin and prot warrior lock down the rogue as much as possible with stuns, roots, cyclones, hamstring etc. while we burned the priest first, shammy second, then the mage followed by the rogue. We waited so long on the rogue because as soon as the CC chain on him stopped so we could DPS him, he'd shadowstep and roflstomp someone. It was easier to wait until he was the only one of two or three left to kill him, that way if he did kill someone, it wasn't as big an issue at that point.

The video for this encounter is vague because the encounter is highly variable on group makeup, both yours and the faction champions. This is the anti-scripted encounter. Until you've seen every possible combination, with your raid comp static, you will be relearning this fight almost every week. Deal with it, adapt on the fly, use your head.

We did the 25 man last night. After the first couple attempts, we had our dps and healers switch to pvp specs for the added defensive abilities and pvp gear for the added stam.

Purge and dispels are very important for this fight. We killed the melee first, keeping MS or Aimed Shot on them while purging HOTs and interrupting and silencing the priest. After the melee was down, we moved to the healers.

evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil hunt down who made this fight and kill them slowly evil evil evil evil
    2 nights 400g in repairs for me personally. my guild does not pvp i hate pvp. I am a tank i make things hit me and keep others alive. I can lock down any 1 guy in this encounter but Whatever else is going on leads to us getting raped in the face over and over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler View Post
    I'm on a shark

hate this fight plain and simple. Every week, we get the same combo of shaman, pally, druid healers. My guild has cleared everything but yogg 25, and we cannot down this fight for the life of us. 3.5-6k dps for almost everyone in the raid and we wipe as soon as we down the shaman. screw this fight, i even hate it on 10man and its a joke.

I dont think this is a hard fight, u just need to learn to CC and learn to stay alive.

I use xperl addon and i get a very big AGGRO in my screen if a add target me. If a melle attacks me i die in 2 or 3 his, but its very easy to avoid it.

In this fight I go as frost spec (im a mage), i dont dps just CC one melle for entire fight and this work very well.

Since my guild adopted this strat, we only wiped one time in three weeks.

Our guild finds

Me and another prot warrior Ehen made a system of taunts to ease the damage in this fight. We would place our vigilances on eachother and make taunt macros. These macros would go like this:

/target *mob name*
    /cast taunt

The taunts become less effective as you keep doing it, so we would set a 3 target rotation. Casters and obviously healers didn't get effected by taunts, but the DK, rogue, and hunters make good targets for this. As one warrior got hit, the other's taunt would be refreshed.

We also found that designating targets to sheep or fear doesn't work well.

Hello I know this might be a bit weird question but what addons does Aliena use in this fight I really like them for my shaman healer but I can't figure out which ones they are

Sainten:
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f211/...iena-s-ui.html

All of our author's here should have a UI thread located in the UI Compilation forum.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Okay thanks a lot

my guild has me stay as a prot pally and lock down one of the plate dps with hammer of justice and seal as well as taunt. i can keep them locked out almost the entire fight and never take much dmg. its fairly effective.

I recently respec'd my prot warrior for this encounter because we are working on insanity in our 10m.

I took the talent No-one EVER takes... Safeguard. AND DAMN IS IT OVER POWERED!
    I also took piercing howl, imp. spell reflect, imp. disarm, and Tactical Mastery.

One common mechanic I see over and over again in Faction Champions is the "DPS FOCUS". The Faction Champion DPS will simultaneously refocus their aggro on a single player in your raid and try to burst them to death.

To counter this effect, I write a focus intervene macro. Then I focus the rogue or warrior. Make sure your Focus' target is visible on your raid frames. Whenever they switch targets I do my best to intervene, drastically lowering the damage my raid member takes. The rest of the time I kite the warrior / rogue around with piercing howl, spamming spell reflect every chance I get. Oh, I also disarm our current burn target for the 20% extra damage taken.

Last week I intervened 22 times, spell reflected 108 spells, and cast piercing howl over 150 times on heroic 25m.

Further we assign our healers with really good burst HPS (disc. priests, paladins) to heal the target of a specific faction champion using a mouseover macro. Usually the rogue or warrior.

We always burn a healer, then all the dps. We stun lock one healer, and let the 3rd run around (usually the druid is free). We use alternating CC's on a few of the more dangerous DPS.

99.9% of this fight is kiting, if you are being attacked you have to run-away; snare, cc, or whatever else is required to give you a gap, and start kiting.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

we do this every week.
    our holy/discs priest focuses on mass dispeling, alot, this is greatly over looked, massdispel takes the resto druid and spriest out of the fight and greatly nerfs CC from the mage. It also hurts the pallie and lock dps and reduces the effectiveness of the disc priest. It also takes earthliving wpn off from the shamman healer. It also removes the DK's chains of ice. Mass Dispel + cleansing totem takes care of 90% of the debuffs they use.

So are prot warriors the only people you would have stay in their tank spec? My guild's main tank is a paladin that has never geared for any other spec (heck she does the same dps in prot as she does in ret lol), do non warrior tanks need to gear their pvp/dps sets for this fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Healybob View Post
    we do this every week.
    our holy/discs priest focuses on mass dispeling, alot, this is greatly over looked, massdispel takes the resto druid and spriest out of the fight and greatly nerfs CC from the mage. It also hurts the pallie and lock dps and reduces the effectiveness of the disc priest. It also takes earthliving wpn off from the shamman healer. It also removes the DK's chains of ice. Mass Dispel + cleansing totem takes care of 90% of the debuffs they use.
    Isn't the mass dispel hitting Unstable Affliction? The warlock keeps it at an uptime of 95% according to our recount data.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmevan View Post
    So are prot warriors the only people you would have stay in their tank spec? My guild's main tank is a paladin that has never geared for any other spec (heck she does the same dps in prot as she does in ret lol), do non warrior tanks need to gear their pvp/dps sets for this fight?
    DK tanks are great for locking down the ret pally, enh shaman or warrior.
    Feral tanks are also great, and they can break form to cyclone.

Quote Originally Posted by Healybob View Post
    we do this every week.
    Dispelling the heroism alone is worth it. But I find the Mass Dispels eventually gets noticed and I get focused on. I try and Fade as well as Psychic Scream but it only goes for so long.

Before Attempt:
    I'm about to attempt this encounter for the first time tonight. I'm a DK TANK/DPS. I normally tank as Unholy but I was thinking about switching to frost for this encounter. My thought is Hungering Cold, Chilblains and Icy Reach talents coupled with glyph of disease and Glyph of Howling Blast will allow me to get frost fever up on all of the targets and keep it up. The Chilblains talent will slow them down by 50% and I would just use pestilence to refresh it which shouldn't break cc. What I'm wondering is if anything thinks this would be of value and if frost fever (with chilblains talent) is subject to diminishing returns.

After Attempt:
    We downed them on our first night on our 3rd try. It was an odd role for me to play. Normally I'm either behind a critter that the tank has picked and dpsing it or I'm the tank and I'm in front of the critter making it mad. In this fight I was just trying to distract and slow down anything that was moving. I stared the pull with Death Grip and moved the Tree into the middle of our group. After I yanked it over I went for the priest and cast strangulate and then howling blast which infected everything with frost fever and slowed their movement by 50%. Once Howling blast was cast I let my team know it was safe to cc. I then just ran around casting pestilence to keep frost fever up and if it was down hit the mob with Icy Touch and infected it again. I also rotated around in a random order and hit anything moving with chains of ice, death gripped anything on a caster and once slowed I'd move to max distance and taunt one of the melee who would then run around and try and catch me.

I think the key was to keep mobile and not stand stand in one spot. My entire group was very mobile and with the mobs all slowed it was hard for them to catch us.
    Last edited by Haruk; 10-15-2009 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmevan View Post
    I've been most successfull staying prot on my paladin, though I've healed as well.

Tell the palading to use a combination of taunts, slows and stuns to prevent one of the melees from doing much - he won't attain a 100% lockdown, but 50-70% should be doable, a little less in heroic.
    Also, he should call out the name of any clothie being targetted by one of the melees - they hit hard enough that that clothie needs to take action when targetted.

+ Reply to Thread