+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Coliseum Faction Champions

10v25 is hard. Kite melee, interrupt healers, CC as needed, focus fire them one by one.

Took us a few goes last night but once we stopped saying that awful CC word so much, and started focussing more on burning marked targets & kiting when you have aggro things worked a lot better. We had a rogue FoK’ing & loads of dispels going off. Our heals were using a lot of instants to try to avoid the silences.

We took out the resto druid first, using a death grip to the raid in an attempt to separate most of the raid from the tanks & the rogue. Next we killed the disc priest, then the holy pally. Tanks were tank spec after some experimenting on the first couple of attempts.

We noticed that kiting things seemed to make them swap targets more, which means 1 person isn’t taking all the damage when the npc’s are off the tanks. I also noticed that the further away from the raid you can get the npc’s you’re ‘distracting’, the longer they will focus on you until somebody comes into range.

On our kill I ‘tanked’ the shaman, he drops aggro immediately after each time he drops a totem & will run back to the middle of the raid. Occasionally he’ll run to the other side of the arena to bash on a healer. At one point he started hitting very hard on melee, so we had the prot warrior pick him for more control. I went to the hunter & range tanked the lock also. I found the hunter was happier to focus on me than the shaman for some reason, and we had a resto druid cc’ing his pet cat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.ordnance-guild.org - Ordnance is back!

Far simpler than it seems

At first sight this looked for all the world that it would be a complete spam of cc and broken cc and oh my god who broke the cc and where is all my cc etc etc, or along those lines at least.

After couple quick attempts made much more sense to burn down 1 healer, while i kept my warrior tank on teh 2nd healer and just stunned and interupted to my hearts content. Let our 2 resto shammys simply kite the rogue/ret pally chasing them with a variety of totems and help from hunter traps and before we knew it, they ''champions'' were dropping like flies. Loads of fun and nowhere near as complicated as half of our server seemed to find it.

Admittedly that was the 10-man encounter as we are a new and relatively small guild, but i have to say well done to blizzard for continuing to produce a fresh approach to boss encounters. Ulduar was good, this appears to be on par at least, and hopefully will only get better.

Thanks also for your videos for each new encounter, very clear and easy to follow, i have all my guildies check them out on reset day to make sure we all know what to expect. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Drainlek View Post
    Hello guys
    Iam here to express my opinion about this,...the fact is that blizzard really screwed things this time, i love the game and i thank to blizz about that but they really screwed things on this boss. This were soppose to be another raiding instance, even being sort of a arena. Iam at a PVE guild and when we faced this boss(es) we were petrifide with the figth.
    95% PVP.Comon I hate PVP and iam not good at it.Actually nearly all my guild hate PVP as well. And we need to kill this one if we actually want to get throw the rest of the instance.Even if someone says the the inverse its the truth this is PVP even if were figthing NPC, its like battling bots in a arena or warsong Gluth. it PVP and the rest is nothing.Each one with 2.4M O.o like what? I even will not comment about this.

This is my opinion, and i totally respect other opinions, but iam really mad with this.
    I'm also a PvP hater (more arena than BGs, I actually enjoy doing some BGs with friends) but I do really love this fight:
    You need to use almost every skill your character have and prepare to react very fast.
    So you like to stand behind a mob while spamming your DPS macro and avoid standing in the fire? It's ok, but apart from some Hard modes in Ulduar (Mimiron mostly) this is the best boss fight or at least the most fun in MONTHS of world of warcraft. IMHO

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

I dislike this encounter immensly, we downed it after a handful of attempts but it was far from enjoyable.

Howdy,

Ellay here just have a couple things I might say.

1) This fight isn't as fun for tanks because we feel less then helpfull by not absorbing the damage and watching the DPS get murdered.

2) We can actually use our utility to solve the above.

3) For Pallys tanks the 3 person taunt works insanely well in this encounter. I had multiple times where a DPS was getting murdered and I saved them by pulling all three adds off of them.

4) For Pally tanks avenger's shield is your friend. It can interupt all three healers or any combination of the healers and dps.

5) Taunts do work for a couple seconds.

6) Seal of Justice is your friend, it is a random CC all in its own.

Also one of the big things we noticed for 10 man was that our Shamans Earth elemental actually tanked all of the Boomkins adds and the hunters pet in addition to random tanking of the Ret pally and rogue.

The big gates won't open, they jump down from the stands!

As in the video, if you play Horde they jump down from Alliance side (to the right as you zone in, or north), if you play Alliance from the Horde side of the stands (to the left as you zone in, or south).

Our first pull we got swept, because we were expecting them to come out of the big big gates.

Assign a Main Assist for DPS, communicate who CC's what, use (mass)dispells and interrupts, and most importantly DON'T PANIC!

On 10 man anyways, they jump down and if you're near the entrance you won't aggro them.

They'll just stand there obediently while you mark them and determine cc assignments.

We 2 shotted this at 10 man. Perhaps we were lucky. This is how it went (or how I remember it)

We faced a setup with a hunter, deathknight, warrior, shaman, paladin, mage. We started with me rushing in and fearing the mobs. After that we cc'ed the paladin and the mage. We had me interupting the hell out of the shaman as we burnt him to 10% he still got the bubble. This was where stuff looked dicey and we started losing 1-2 people. We managed to get cc up again and did the same this time burning the shaman. after that we took out the mage (spellreflect is very good on this fight). More dicy moments ensured and we did gradually lose people (poor clothies). It was quite healing intense from what I gather and it just once more proves how wonderful it is to have a healsquad with an aggressive 'free for all' healing style.

Prot warrior comments:
    Most fun I've had in a while. There was so much to interupt, stun reflect, charge hamstring. Basically I ran around with 4 piece T8 and as much block value as I could muster. TBH I think I would have done just as well with my normal tank kit. This fight is chaotic and I think part of our succes was decisive focussed fire. If you let the damage get spread they will heal up. Either way, as a protection warrior you are far from useless! Shockwave, shield bash and intervene were my absolute favourites to use there - better start practicing those key bindings.
    My lack of proper signature actually is a proud minimalistic stand

Just one thing, iam not telling the encounter is PVP, of corse not, its impossible, weīre killing NPCs, a boss,...but itīs based on PVP, and this was soppose to be a raiding intance, an now look at it, i know that some of the guilds already done, but if nearly half of the 25 man raid knows a little about PVP and its a little good at it, they have a chance on defeating the boss. For the guild that really go wthout PVP spirit, donīt know anything about it and Hate first of all, itīs a nighmare doing this boss.

I assume Hand of Reckoning works on these mobs? I haven't had the opportunity to see this encounter yet, but it sounds like fun, even if 70% of my guildies would disagree with me.

Further how susceptible are the mobs to CC? I know they'll be dispelled by those that can, but things like Frostweave nets may be handy for the melee classes.
    Last edited by blindpiggy; 08-20-2009 at 03:18 AM.

taunts work fine, me/fellow tank taunted melee etc. My guild found the encounter very fun, and we 2 shotted it.

always go for the healers first.

In 10 man we had the Druid, Paladin, Shaman (DPS), Priest (DPS), Warrior, and Hunter. We had our ranged DPS and healers stack in the middle of the room (we had 1 mage, 2 shadow priests). Our rogue charged in and did a FoK interrupt spam. Everytime an NPC dropped aggro and came to the ranged we used a CC rotation with 2x Psychic Screams and Frost Nova. It was really easy.

10-man movie up!

I just wanted to post my experience from last night in 10man. To start with, I'd like to add for note our guild tried this on 25 man the night prior and it was a nightmare to say the least. Last night on 10man we were able to 1 shot it! I'm not sure if it was the group make up or better strategy(Thanks everyone above for their insight, it really helped). But this was the makeup of the NPCs:
    • Boomkin
    • Shammy
    • Priest
    • Pally
    • Warlock
    • Rogue

Our group consisted of:
    • Prot Warrior(Me)
    • DK
    • 2 S. Priests
    • H. Pally
    • Rogue
    • SV Hunter
    • Resto Druid
    • Lock
    • Mage

After a couple of mins of stratifying, we decided to put our DK on the Rogue, as he proved a real pain in the ass on 25man, especially interrupting our clothies from casting. Our kill order was: Shammy, Priest, Rogue, Pally, Lock and Druid.

One thing we decided on that significantly helped and made this encounter much easier was not to focus soley on 1 target for stuns/cc/interrupts. For example, in my case I started on the Shammy, I'd taunt then stun, then pickup whoever was closest to me next, like the Pally. Basically, by everyone alternating it seemed to make our abilities less likely to be resisted or subject to DR.

Once we got the Shammy & Priest down, the fight was all but over for them. Me, the DK & Rogue just took turns stunning the NPC rogue to effectively take him out of the fight while the casters burned him. When I was not on the rogue I'd focus on following the Pally around and stunning him as often as possible.

All in all a very challenging fight, but seemed much easier in 10man. Guess we'll see tonight if it plays out nearly as good in 25 man.

Good luck to everyone!

i hate this fight...i am sure once i down it i will say its a fun fight, but as of right now PvP strats should stay in PvP

Quote Originally Posted by dagimp007 View Post
    i hate this fight...i am sure once i down it i will say its a fun fight, but as of right now PvP strats should stay in PvP
    Sorry yo say break this to you, but in fact they are computer controlled characters

It is just a question of knowing what to do.

Great work with the movie, thanks from a small rogue and keep the work up!
    I still remember the times where this was the only place where to send some clueless raid members about a specific encounter..ahhh, sweet times.

Anyways, this looks lika a very fun encounter, I really look forward to trying them out tonight (25man).

PD: Aliena, such a lovely voice (needed to say, or rather write that since I've heard the movie)

The 10m version of this seems almost like a joke it is so easy while the 25m is far more hectic. I actually prefer the 25m difficulty because it requires more planning whereas 10m you just run around and kill stuff without having to worry about it :P (although we were 22 manning the 25m version so perhaps that had something to do with it seeming harder lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Drainlek View Post
    Just one thing, iam not telling the encounter is PVP, of corse not, its impossible, weīre killing NPCs, a boss,...but itīs based on PVP, and this was soppose to be a raiding intance, an now look at it, i know that some of the guilds already done, but if nearly half of the 25 man raid knows a little about PVP and its a little good at it, they have a chance on defeating the boss. For the guild that really go wthout PVP spirit, donīt know anything about it and Hate first of all, itīs a nighmare doing this boss.
    I heard the same type of comments form many of my guildies when it was announced the first boss in Ulduar was going to be a vehicle fight. "I play this game to play my class not drive some vehicle...", stuff like that. First time we did it, those same people were the first to comment how much fun it was.

My guild doens't have any serious PVPers. Some of us run some BG for fun, and I can think of one person that is over a 1650 arena rating, but many don't even like to BG. Everyone thought the fight was fun when we did it last night.

+ Reply to Thread