+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Coliseum Faction Champions

This encounter has had a major nerf. We have gone from wiping several times to get the the faction champs down, to one
    shotting it every week, sometimes without even a single death. Thanks blizz, I realize that you don't want something to be impossile, but let's not get stupid. I enjoyed ToC because some of it was actually a bit of a challenge. ToC feels like a joke now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    This encounter has had a major nerf. We have gone from wiping several times to get the the faction champs down, to one
    shotting it every week, sometimes without even a single death. Thanks blizz, I realize that you don't want something to be impossile, but let's not get stupid. I enjoyed ToC because some of it was actually a bit of a challenge. ToC feels like a joke now.
    Maybe you're just getting better?

But sure, blame Blizzard. They gave a very minor nerf.

Last night we did it on normal 25 again, though we had a bit of hard setup. but we no like it to kill the 2 aoe healers / raid healers, i mean by Druid / Priest / Shammy. last night we got a priest and shammy and a pally healer. So we put 1 warrior and 1 pally (me) on interupts on shammy and cc the pally most times. And just burned down the priest, then burn down shammy and then other dps and the interupters (me and warrior) switched to the pally healer to try and interupt most of his heals. this went ok.

But what we ( I ) found out is that having a prot pally or a ret pally using Seal of Justice ( the with the 2 second stun / Seal of Justice - Thottbot: World of Warcraft: ) this gave us so much more interupts that we (me warrior and 2 hunter pets) to burn down the pally to about 60-70% then we changed our tactic and burned down the pally before the remaining dps.
    There is no "ctrl" on Fluxx his keyboard... Fluxx is always in control.

question about Sap time

What is the Sap time at this fight?
    Is like the other CC's (3sec) or its like PvP rules (10sec)?

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelnut View Post
    Switch to heroic?
    lol We started doing heroic that same week. Maybe it WAS a combination of gtting better and the nerf.

Course, now we are stuck on faction champs on heroic. They pretty much focus fire and zerg people. It's nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sogoten View Post
    What is the Sap time at this fight?
    Is like the other CC's (3sec) or its like PvP rules (10sec)?
    PvP rules applies to all CCs. It's 10 seconds for sap

I was wondering. Has anyone heard of the strategy where if you have a hunter or a lock you have them send their pet(s) after the champions pet(s) if there is an opposing hunter or lock in order to tie up one of the healers? I remembering reading something about it, I just don’t remember where so that I may follow up on that strategy. From what I recall, one of the champion’s healers would devote themselves to keep the pet(s) alive.
    Last edited by Shadowfire; 11-03-2009 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfire View Post
    I was wondering. Has anyone heard of the strategy where if you have a hunter or a lock you have them send their pet(s) after the champions pet(s) if there is an opposing hunter or lock in order to tie up one of the healers? I remembering reading something about it, I just donít remember where so that I may follow up on that strategy. From what I recall, one of the championís healers would devote themselves to keep the pet(s) alive.
    No, the pet gets an occasional heal, which is usually interrupted by the interrupters anyway, so it's a loss of dps. Also, you may just get a HoT on the pet, which negates the entirity of that dps or the need for FC heals to focus it.

It really does next to nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ok, thanks. Thought that may be the case.

It's actually better to have a dot class dot pets, if you really want to be efficient. The benefit of dot classes over a hunter on the pet assignment is that you not only draw occasional heals and hots, you also draw dispels. And since dispels are not interruptable as they are instant, you may draw dispels that were intended for your CC targets instead, as well as buy time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I highly recommend dotting / putting pets on the pets. The healers seem to heal the target with the lowest total HP that is missing some hp, which is almost always a pet. Here's the healing done by target breakdown for our kill last night:

Thrakgar - healing done by actor:
    Thrakgar 56588 100.0 %

Erin Misthoof - healing done by actor:
    Cat 295600 80.2 %
    Treant 54148 14.7 %
    Zhaagrym 12690 3.4 %
    Thrakgar 6268 1.7 %

Liandra Suncaller - healing done by actor:
    Zhaagrym 1428330 42.4 %
    Cat 845364 25.1 %
    Erin Misthoof 205482 6.1 %
    Thrakgar 183517 5.5 %
    Ruj'kah 130080 3.9 %
    Narrhok Steelbreaker 126079 3.7 %
    Gorgrim Shadowcleave 120589 3.6 %
    Harkzog 114203 3.4 %
    Liandra Suncaller 112518 3.3 %
    Treant 56247 1.7 %
    Maz'dinah 42562 1.3 %

Kill order was Resto Shaman (Thrakgar) --> DK --> Resto Druid (Misthoof) --> melee --> ranged --> Holy Paladin (Suncaller)

World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

We had an aff lock dotting both pets, a shaman flame shocking a pet, and a couple pets on their pets.

Quote Originally Posted by maddfez View Post
    I highly recommend dotting / putting pets on the pets. The healers seem to heal the target with the lowest total HP that is missing some hp, which is almost always a pet. Here's the healing done by target breakdown for our kill last night:

Thrakgar - healing done by actor:
    Thrakgar 56588 100.0 %

Erin Misthoof - healing done by actor:
    Cat 295600 80.2 %
    Treant 54148 14.7 %
    Zhaagrym 12690 3.4 %
    Thrakgar 6268 1.7 %

Liandra Suncaller - healing done by actor:
    Zhaagrym 1428330 42.4 %
    Cat 845364 25.1 %
    Erin Misthoof 205482 6.1 %
    Thrakgar 183517 5.5 %
    Ruj'kah 130080 3.9 %
    Narrhok Steelbreaker 126079 3.7 %
    Gorgrim Shadowcleave 120589 3.6 %
    Harkzog 114203 3.4 %
    Liandra Suncaller 112518 3.3 %
    Treant 56247 1.7 %
    Maz'dinah 42562 1.3 %

Kill order was Resto Shaman (Thrakgar) --> DK --> Resto Druid (Misthoof) --> melee --> ranged --> Holy Paladin (Suncaller)

World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

We had an aff lock dotting both pets, a shaman flame shocking a pet, and a couple pets on their pets.
    ty, this will come in handy for the next run tommorow
    There is no "ctrl" on Fluxx his keyboard... Fluxx is always in control.

Hey nice video..i was looking at your UI..what is some of your Addons?

+ Reply to Thread