+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help please

Help please

For starters, I don't know if this belongs in the gear section but I figured I needed help so I should post it here. Sorry for incoviences if it does belong there.

Once again, I'm tryin to get my gear,rotation, talents planned out right now in advance to my level 80 tankadin. I'm only level 11 and doin refer a friend. Should be there quickly.

Would it be smart to get the Polar plate items and put defense gems on them, or is there better starter gear? This is for just hitting level 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Notion View Post
    For starters, I don't know if this belongs in the gear section but I figured I needed help so I should post it here. Sorry for incoviences if it does belong there.
    Once again, I'm tryin to get my gear,rotation, talents planned out right now in advance to my level 80 tankadin. I'm only level 11 and doin refer a friend. Should be there quickly.
    Would it be smart to get the Polar plate items and put defense gems on them, or is there better starter gear? This is for just hitting level 80.
    Wow we have lots of lvl's to go so we have time, plety of time.
    Need to do some reading while you lvl and if you truely wanna tank, tank the whole way. Any chance you get.
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f200/...-warcraft.html
    View forum - Basic Training - Maintankadin

Read, there is some starting material. It will help.

No polar gear is not the route you want to go! Tanking is more than stacking stam. I don't know if many around here remember but hitting 540 is HARD and throwing gems and enchants on ploar gear will be tough to say the least. Plan it out, have the crafted blue saronite and epics ready for you to hit 80. Don't wear the polar gear cause its purple, you need avoidance too.
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/4...get-items.html Great starter selection of gear.

Threat rotation...at lvl 80 (75ish if built right) here is a great thread.
    View topic - Which 6969? - Maintankadin

Hope this helps....gotta long way to go.
    Find a good mentor on your sever that is willing to take some time to help you learn the class and how to TANK. It will shorten the learning curve.
    Oh, really quick something power lvl'n people forget is professions, pick 2 that will help you when you tank, that help build on your stats or allow you flexability to switch gear. Don't overlook it.

Wow, that was a really indepth reply.

And I thank you for it.

All of it helped

I did overlook proffesion part and now I have the question, which one helps the most? Leatherworking give I think 90 Stamina, but Blacksmithing has The sockets. Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by Notion View Post
    Wow, that was a really indepth reply.

And I thank you for it.

All of it helped

I did overlook proffesion part and now I have the question, which one helps the most? Leatherworking give I think 90 Stamina, but Blacksmithing has The sockets. Any help?
    -Lw is ok not great that 90 stam is all you get so you net an extra 50 stam and its a very tough profession to lvl.
    -Mining is a good money maker and easy to lvl and...you get 60 stam.
    -BS is considered the top due to the extra sockets but it is a bit tough at the 300ish range.
    -JC just awesome, kinda expensive to lvl, you make a ton of money doing it and the trinkets are pretty good still. The JC only gems are amazing 3x50 stam on top of the crab is OP.
    -Enchanting ok, tough to lvl at points but you get to enchant your own gear and you get the enchanters only ring enchants so an extra 60 stam there. The rods are ridiclous to make too.
    -Herbalist you get a free heal make money but not worth it IMO.
    -Alchemy you get a few decent trinkets and a buff on potions plus you can make some gold.
    -inscription expensive to lvl at times, get an shoulder enchant that is ok and you can make glyphs and cards....
    The others not mentioned....IMO I wouldn't consider or waste my time with.

Myself I'm a enchanter/JC, just lvl'd JC and love it but if I could do it all over again I'd go JC and BS. I've spent to much on enchanting and have to many recipes to drop it. On this toon, I've been an herbalist, miner, engineer and miner again. LOL
    I hope this helps you.

[quote=Chasey;273598]-Lw is ok not great that 90 stam is all you get so you net an extra 50 stam and its a very tough profession to lvl.
    -Mining is a good money maker and easy to lvl and...you get 60 stam.
    -BS is considered the top due to the extra sockets but it is a bit tough at the 300ish range.
    -JC just awesome, kinda expensive to lvl, you make a ton of money doing it and the trinkets are pretty good still. The JC only gems are amazing 3x50 stam on top of the crab is OP.
    -Enchanting ok, tough to lvl at points but you get to enchant your own gear and you get the enchanters only ring enchants so an extra 60 stam there. The rods are ridiclous to make too.
    -Herbalist you get a free heal make money but not worth it IMO.
    -Alchemy you get a few decent trinkets and a buff on potions plus you can make some gold.
    -inscription expensive to lvl at times, get an shoulder enchant that is ok and you can make glyphs and cards....
    The others not mentioned....IMO I wouldn't consider or waste my time with.
    quote]

-LW gives 103 stam to wrist now, not 90, at the cost of losing the spot for 40 stamina enchant, net gain of 63 stamina. And it is not any harder than other professions, which is to say each had rough patches. I know this having done them all. LW also has an advantage of making Leg Patches for next to nothing (eliminating excessive cost and a frozen orb).
    -Mining- Agreed. If nothing else, dump the ore on the AH for worry-free cash.
    -BS - Sockets will give you a net gain of 60 stamina, or a variety of other stats. Unlike other professions, you can choose from any stat beyond the standard AP/SP/Stam, which is why it is really popular. Smithing is at its hardest at around level 35+. I would recommend smithing simply because you can actually try and wear some gear you make, especially if you can borrow cash from a friend to power level your smithing to keep its crafteables on par with your character level.
    -JC is nice, but requires ungodly amounts of ore. Do not take this without mining. Top gems are now 51 stam, not 50, and same goes for other stats(34 defense/strength/expertise/hit/etc.). Also, slow to cap out due to daily questing to get JC tokens, or long faction grind in TBC phase (300-375).
    -The only way I have succesfully done enchanting is by feeding it with goods from other professions (mostly smithing/LW/tailoring). Unless you are levelling other crafting professions simultaneously, usually on other toons, it gets expensive.
    -Herbalism - same as mining, good paired with alchemy/inscriptions (inscriptions is like JC with herbs; you need ungodly amounts of herbs). The heal is nice, but many prefer the 60 stam as a tank. Herbs always sell well, because there are so many miners.
    -Alchemy - Decent for many reasons, also give you some decent trinkets later on in addition to its passive benefits.
    -Inscriptions. You get cheap shoulder enchants and an additional hearth with recall scrolls. I have been less than impressed with it to date. Low cash income potential. Also, very slow to cap out due to daily researching.
    -Missed Skinning - Good with Herbalism, Mining, or LW, as you can track herbs or ores but not both, and then skin whatever is nearby, or LW because, well, you need leather for that. There is a crit bonus but its not important for tanks (Unless you are a feral druid).

Cooking/Fishing/First Aid - Keep them up they are easy to do (Fishing will be frustrating though). I wouldn't worry about cooking, if you cook what you fish, your cooking will always go faster than your fishing.

Ah...good points and I forgot about the LW buff. I have a hunter that is mostly exhaulted w/BC factions and it SUCKS to lvl IMO. Yes I get to wear my LW gear but now w/badges its old new and but the AP buff is nice.

Cooking/fishing/1st aid very nice additions too. The buff food is great.

Nice follow up.

LW was absurdly hard in TBC because it was so easy in vanilla wow. Similarly, Smithing and tailoring were a pain in Vanilla, and were not so bad in TBC as a result. As I said before, each profession has rough spots which you need to get over, but they are not all at the same spot. Incidentally, in WOTLK they are mostly the same, I only get irritated with JC and inscriptions. If anything, I find alchemy the easiest crafting profession to level up.

+ Reply to Thread