+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pally tanking Spec

Pally tanking Spec

Right now I am working on my 3rd 80, a pally. I have already decided to be mainspec tanking and offspec holy, but I have some questions about pally tanking spec's. I already have quite a bit of experience from tanking on my 80 DK and druid (Offspec for both, so I don't do it too much) so I already know about the basics of universal tanking like watching Omen, careful pulling, etc. I already got dual spec and have tanked about 6 or 7 reg's, with no threat problems, and the rotation was pretty easy to keep up. The only thing I am confused about is a solid heroics / naxx tanking spec. I have 3 good pally tanks in my progression guild, all of which have very different spec's. I have come up with Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft
    so far. Does anyone have any advice for a better mostly heroics spec? All constructive criticism is welcome, flaming me bc I chose noob talents will be ignored, so don't your time.
    Thanks in advance.

Hey Jelley,

Divinity is of arguable merit. I personally skip it but it is mostly up to you however I wouldn’t go past 3 points in it. Same goes for reckoning. Basically you need to spend 3 points to get past the 5 lvl of the tree and your viable options are Divinity(questionable survivability?), reckoning (threat) or DS/DG (utility).

You should be able to get by with only one point in SA, mana really isn’t a problem for us.

You need to spend 1 point in Improved Judgments so you can maintain a 96969 rotation (heaps of info around if you search for it)

Then you will have a whole bunch of points to spare, most people push down through ret to crusade for more threat. Or push down to improved lay on hands and Aura mastery for some more utility. Up to you really, only thing i would say is that Vindication is an awesome talent now and is very close to being mandatory.

Enjoy.

The cookie cutter spec is

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

You have 12 free points to now spend

The 3 points in divinity is needed to open up the higher levels.

Typically people max out divinity and then stock up on ret talents although seals of the pure is also good but it comes down to personal choice.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

+ Reply to Thread