+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pulling with HoR instead of Exor in 3.2

Pulling with HoR instead of Exor in 3.2

hey, ive noticed something yesterday doing YS+1.

i had problems, gathering the spawns in p1. Since Exorzism is on a 1.5s casttime, im missing a second "pull" spell with 30 meter range. Avengers Shield has 30s CD, which is imo too high.

After the first two "problems" (which are solved with a taunt) i used Hand of Reckoning for ranged damage.

Hand of Reckoning
    Taunts the target to attack you. If the target is not currently targeting you, causes [1 + 0.5 * AP] Holy damage.
    HOR is now a nice dmg spell, hitting at 2.4k holy damage and gives my a nice chunk of threat. My "problems" are, that it has a) no dmg-effect, if the target has my avatar as his temporary target and b) it's a waste of a taunt spell.

Sample:
    AV is on CD - a Mob spawns 50 meter away and I must grab him -> HoR Pull

He runs to the raid and im his target -> using HOR has no effect and i must run till 10 meter range. But all DDs are already casting and if Righteous Defense misses (no glyph and no hitcap), im getting in serious problems:

Instant Range Pull with high aggro (AS) on CD
    2 taunts on CD
    20 or 15 meter away from the enemy
    DDs are already doing DPS

What can i do now? I have no idea. Just to hope, that i can use HoR before the caster gets killed, sucks. Is there really no solution for a second ranged spell as a instant Exorzism?

Greetings

Hallo, ich bin gestern auf ein paar Probleme gestoßen, als wir YS+1 gemacht haben.

Das Problem lag beim Sammeln der Spawns in p1. Seitdem Exorzismus ein 1.5s Zauber ist, fehlt mir persönlich ein zweiter Pull-Spell mit 30 Meter Reichweite. Schild des Rächers hat einfach einen zu hohen CD.

Nachdem ich die ersten zwei Probleme nur durch einen Spott lösen konnte, setzte ich Hand der Abrechnung als Ersatz ein.

Hand of Reckoning
    Taunts the target to attack you. If the target is not currently targeting you, causes [1 + 0.5 * AP] Holy damage.
    HOR macht nun gut 2.4k Heiligschaden, was eigentlich ein toller Ersatz wäre. Das Problem dabei ist, dass es a) kein Schadenseffekt hat, wenn das Ziel mich als Ziel hat und b) es einen Spott-CD verschwendet.

Beispiel:
    Schild des Rächers hat Abklingzeit - ein Gegner spawnt 50 Meter entfernt und ich muss ihn nehmen -> ich werde also einen HoR Pull machen.

Das Ziel rennt zum Raid und er nimmt mich als Ziel -> HoR hat nun keinen Effekt und ich müsste bis auf 10 Meter zum Gegner laufen. Da aber die DDs bereits mit Schaden anfangen, müsste ich ihn spotten. Verfehlt Rechtschaffene Verteidigung nun (ohne Glyphen und Hitcap) ergibt das ernste Probleme für den Raid:

Schild des Rächers ist auf CD
    2 Spott-Effekte haben Abklingzeit
    Bis zum Gegner sind es noch 15-20 Meter
    die DDs machen bereits Schaden

Was könnte man in einer solchen Situation noch tun? Ich habe leider keine Idee. Nur darauf zu hoffen, dass HoR wieder rechtzeitig bereit ist, bis das Ziel den Caster erreicht, ist in meinen Augen keine Option. Gibt es keine andere Option für einen zweiten Ranged Pullspell, als ein Instant-Exorzismus?

Grüße
    Sorry if my english is'nt so good, it's not my natural language.

I usuually don't have troubles gathering the adds in PH1 using HoR unless someone is watching Hulu and ends up spawning extra adds. They typically start out targeting someone other than me, and if that isn't the case, the next heal cast will make it so. So if they are targetting you right off the bat, then wait a second and they will switch targets, then HoR them. People in your raid should be mindful of where the next one will spawn, so they should be keeping their distance from that spot until you have the add.

Imagine the sample please Even it is not at YS.

AS is on cd and you have to collect 1-2 adds, which are 50 meter away. What do you do?

If AS was on CD I'd RD one as I ran toward their range (RD first, as they might be both targetting the same person, so you get to save your HoR) and HoR the other if needed still. As I close in, I'd Judge the closest one and HotR once I was in melee range. Persuit of Justice ftw

AS being on CD is a massive pain for pickup purposes. In a fight like Yoggie phase 1, I'll still use Exo to pull if I've currently got nothing on me (works for the first two or three adds, as they're still spawning quite slowly at that point), then AS if I can and RD / HoR if I really need to. If they spawn in a cloud near to you though, maybe Judge to save your cooldowns from the larger range stuff?

If you have a spare hunter, a Misdirection (Fehlleiten ?) might work. Ask for it over Ventrillo/Teamspeak.

If you don't have a hunter available (either as part of the raid or they are busy elsewhere), then it becomes an issue of training your DD to not hit targets not engaged. After all, Hand of Righteousness is on an 8 second cooldown. Surely they can wait that long? I'd agree with Mert, if you pull with Exorcism, use a HoR next (8s CD), then your RD (10s CD), then AS, thats 4.5 seconds (3 GCDs) gone, 3.5s for next HoR to come back up. If it is still an issue, you might spec into Pursuit of Justice to run a bit faster to the adds.

Sorry, I don't speak German, but I hope Google was correct.

Misdirection = Irreführung

^
    |
    What they said.

Thanks!

Hand of Protection is great too.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom View Post
    Hand of Protection is great too.
    It's great, but not so good as a pull tool. Did we get a bit sidetracked?

The example he gave was when 2 mobs were running free and you needed to pick them up.

AS is on cd and you have to collect 1-2 adds, which are 50 meter away. What do you do?
    HoP'ing someone that's a long way away from you will generally make the mob change direction, hopefully allowing you to close into melee/judgement range quicker. So no, I didn't really get all that sidetracked. That said moments like this are generally where RD shines, and failing all of the above, hope one of your co-tanks is there to help out.

Sounds situational and/or risky to me. If there's anybody else out there, a second healer, some dps, anything, a BoP on the aggroed target it will result in a facepull by other targerts, and what'ss worse, it may spread to several targets instead of everybody on one other target. RD can only target one person.

A situational response to a specified situation seems fine. RD however can taunt three mobs that are attacking the same person, and also has the added benefit of working on mobs that are more 40 yards away aslong as the targetting person is within range (I've tauned immortal guardians on yogg from across the room simply because they were aggro'ed on a nearby healer for example).

Either way, tanking without instant exorcism is still fine. I've even taken to standing still and zapping things with exorcism anyway. 1.5seconds usually isnt a critical amount of time anyway.

I dont use Exor anymore, its just too bad. You cant move, it does less damage and aggro then HoR. Instead im using HoR for pulls or while offtanking, im use AD, SS someone, pop Wings or DP, if its not active.

On Yogg 25 I stand in the middle with another tank and we take turns taunting mobs to us so I never have a CD problem...

On Yogg 10 while tanking it alone I try and use Judgement on any spawns that are close to me and use my HoR for far away spawns. Avengers is saved as an emergency backup tool incase someone walks into a cloud or I start to get overwhelmed.

Between Judge, HoR and Avengers you should always have some sort of ranged pickup off of CD and if you don't call out for a MD. If your raid is running into clouds so often that your taunt/ranged attacks are on back to back CD then its probably a wipe anyway and they have to work on their own gameplay...

+ Reply to Thread