+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Record WoW in HD on Youtube?

Record WoW in HD on Youtube?

I've seen my fair share of exceptionally well video quality in all of Tankspot's videos. The thing is, when I post a video on Youtube, the quality is garbage and you can barely see what is happening. I have a decent computer that can run World of Warcraft on maxed graphics, so I don't think that the HD videos would be choppy. I currently used a paid version of Fraps, and as far as I know, it doesn't record in HD, so if anyone knows the program Ciderhelm uses, or just a program that someone knows records in HD, pleast link/post them here!

Regards!

HD is just a resolution - the size of the picture. You want to upload a 720p (1280x720) movie, and there's one of two ways to do that. You can either:

- Record at whatever you play in (1680x1050 in my case), then use a program like VirtualDub, and resize it to 1280x720. You'll want to make sure it's uncompressed, so the quality doesn't degrade in the resize.

- Or, you can set your in-game to 1280x720. Make sure you're not in windowed mode, or it won't resize. This typically makes it harder to see, especially on LCD's, but you can still play that way.

If you make modifications to your video (via something like Vegas or Premiere), make sure you select a 720p profile.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca
    Everyone marvels at a square egg, but only the chicken understands the PAIN.

I own a copy of Sony Vegas, and I try to import audio onto it and when I compress them both together, the video quality is garbage. I'm not an expert on Sony Vegas, but how would I select a 720p profile, exactly?

Regards.

Ive been using fraps to record my videos then use the vista supplied Windows Movie Maker to cut them. I want to get the Sony or Adobe program, but this is supplied with Vista Ultimate and seems to do the job for free and is really simple. You might try it out until you get the Sony one down.

I record at 1440x900 and just choose the option that has 720p next to it when I finish.

Here is one I made last week, it isnt too awful quality. (Click link to youtube video im not smart enough to post it in HD on the forums)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL5jb-GizbU"]YouTube - TOTC: Lord Jaraxxus 25 Man[/ame]
    You do realize why the Borg are so bad at making dimmer switches don't you?
    Resistance is futile.

Project -> Properties, at the top, there should be Template. Select HDV 720-30p.

Also note that if you have your source material in 16:10 (1440x900, 1680x1050, 1920x1200) and put it in to a 720p video without resizing the source, you'll wind up with black bars on the side of the video. That's why I recommend resizing the source in virtualdub first.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca
    Everyone marvels at a square egg, but only the chicken understands the PAIN.

If your aspect ratio is different, just upload it as it is. Flash player will automatically add black borders on fullscreen mode if aspect ratios don't match.
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU

Also I believe there was a setting in fraps that allowed you to record full-half size. Always use full-size because no matter what you do afterwards half-size will be quite shitty.
    "Yes." - Captain Obvious

+ Reply to Thread