+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gem My Belt

Gem My Belt

OK,

Based on what I have read I am over def cap, hit capped and have high stam 28.9 unbuffed.

What do I put in my belt I bought the atachment to add a gem to it and was going for hit until I notice that I was at the 8% hit cap. (let me knowif this is incorrect I got the # from the web)

I do not have the 102% for EH I think it is called.

So should I gem for Def to improve dogde, parry etc or go for avoidance as I am at 0.

I don't have multiple sets which I will be posting questions on another threat to understand EH, Block etc.

Thanks!

Since you have no socket bonus to worry about in an Eternal Belt Buckle, you should generally just use whatever your primary stat is (in the case of a tank, Stamina). You shouldn't be at zero avoidance though :S

You don't have 0 avoidance. Pretty much, avoidance is the combination of dodge and parry ('cause they completely remove a damage in the table.)

The 102% (actually, 102.4%, if you want to be precise) is the Uncrushable count (although there are no more crushing blows in Raid bosses now.) Basically, this is the sum of Dodge, Parry and Block. If this reaches 102.4%, it means that no direct hit from bosses will hit you: You'll either dodge, parry or block it (although blocking won't remove too much damage.)

Right now, I'd gem it with pure stam. But, with the announced changes in 3.2.2 for Touched by the Light, I'd try one of the new epic gems with str+stam.

Quote Originally Posted by JuBia View Post
    Right now, I'd gem it with pure stam. But, with the announced changes in 3.2.2 for Touched by the Light, I'd try one of the new epic gems with str+stam.
    The changes shouldn't change the way you gem. You should be gemming to the strength of the item.

So if its a threat item, put a Str gem in there.
    If its an avoidance item put a dodge or defense gem in there.
    If its and EH item put a Stam gem in there.

That way you will end up with different sets of items that are much stronger for their intended purpose, rather then a bunch of mismatched items that are ok at everything.

+ Reply to Thread