+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3.2.2 , Should we think of stacking 2 stats?

3.2.2 , Should we think of stacking 2 stats?

since spell power is more Strength now instead of Stam... for red sockets should we just put a +20 Strenght gems in there and then stack Stam in the rest of the sockets... or is everyone gonna still be Stam Stacking?

Survival oriented gear is always best with survival-oriented gems. If it's a serious tanking piece and you really want the red socket, you're probably better with a 10 dodge/15 stamina gem.

Its only a little bit of spellpower, in the long run I can't see it making so much of a difference that its worth giving up Stamina-Stacking for.
    The Ashbringer...

With there being a vast amount of gear available for easily-farmed badges, I'd personally recommend having a "threat set" for those fights like Hodir Hard rather than trying to mix and match on your MT set. Grab yourself a second Tier 8.5 chest / helm and maybe consider Strength/Stam in the sockets or something. Keep your MT set the nice EH and avoidance mix you have now.

To be honest, a 5% reduction in RF scaling and the change to TbtL will probably result in a TPS decrease that you'll barely notice and can likely be made up for by putting Armsman on gloves if you really need it. It's not going to be big enough of a change with current gear to cause threat issues if you're not currently having any, basically. Did some napkin maths earlier and with my gear the change to TbtL will result in a net loss of ~55tps before RF scaling, which is nowhere near as bad as I originally expected. Assuming 7k sustained, I'd lose 350 from the RF change and 55 from TbtL, still leaving me with ~6.5k, which is likely fine for everything short of Hodir Hard.

I'm more upset about the Hammer of Justice change, grrr

Quote Originally Posted by Daereg View Post
    Its only a little bit of spellpower, in the long run I can't see it making so much of a difference that its worth giving up Stamina-Stacking for.
    Don't underestimate Spellpower - TbtL in its current form is our second highest TPS per talent point after 1HWS (third highest if you took 3/3 Crusade and are fighting Demon, Undead, Humanoid or Beast mobs).

Quote Originally Posted by Daereg View Post

i will loose 100 Spell power when the change is made if i change nothing.. which is about 10% of my Spell damage alittle more... if i take away Stam gems out of red sockets and put in strength i would break just about even..

What about the Str/Stam epic gems?

As Vene says it depends what your gearing for. If you need threat yep by all means put a Str gem in there. If you are gearing for survival then Str isn't a great stat for that.

I think the reduction is overstated. Reallistically, we always have a threat lead for encounters, so I intend to continue to gem for EH/Avoidance. If a particular fight is agro sensitive, I'll just drop a stam trinket for greatness and eat strength food over the fish feast.

Quote Originally Posted by Contrite View Post
    I think the reduction is overstated. Reallistically, we always have a threat lead for encounters, so I intend to continue to gem for EH/Avoidance. If a particular fight is agro sensitive, I'll just drop a stam trinket for greatness and eat strength food over the fish feast.
    Maybe it's just the EH lover in me talking, but my first swap on threat fights is going to be to drop the tanking libram for the Ret libram. You can pry my stam trinkets from my cold dead fingers :P

+ Reply to Thread