+ Reply to Thread

Thread: i think im doing this right

i think im doing this right

I recently dusted off my prot-warrior and got him up to 80. Iv'e spent a lot of time on this site trying to maximize my meat-shielding abilities, and I think i have a good general idea of what I'm doing. healers tend to compliment me, and I rarely if ever have threat issues, but Iv'e noticed that many other tanks tend to say I'm doing things wrong, the most common thing they say is that I stack too much stam. I'm currently at 34321health unbuffed with a little over 42% combined parry/dodge. the only content I really do raid wise is Naxx10 and OS10 and typically with my raids being mostly pugs.
    Armory
    One major problem I know I have is my hit rating being way too high and my expertise being too low, but it hasn't effected my threat that much so far, so mostly I want to know if I'm going the right way with the stam, or if I should gem/enchant/gear for more avoidance. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

The other tanks are wrong, and you should ignore them. In a world world where 20k hits are not an uncommon occurrence, stamina is king - granted you aren't running t8/t9 content but it doesn't hurt to give your healers an easy ride of things, and believe me they'll thank you for it.

Your avoidance looks fine to me, and although your expertise is low if you don't feel you're in danger of loosing threat to anyone, don't worry about it to much.

You may want to consider putting together a block set for Naxx, simply because nothing there hits very hard but really it's not a big deal - you may be slightly "spiker" than other tanks if they're in a lot of shield block stuff, but you also have a far wider margin for error.

With those stats I'd let you tank Ulduar-25, let alone Naxx-10. Don't worry, you're doing it right and you'll be by far the best candidate for MT if/when your guild moves into Ulduar and Coliseum.

+ Reply to Thread