+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How does your guild handle Trophies of the Crusade

We put our trophies at the same cost of our high end ilevel pieces (such as 239 from hardmodes and such) and then everyone bids with the DKP system that we use. Works well enough and prices remain low for now because people know they cannot get the gear for a couple of weeks yet. When everyone has alot more triumph badges I have no doubt we will see trophies start popping out for 50+ dkp

I set the point cost of the trophies to the average point value that the items you can buy with them would have in the system.
    I did the same thing, add up the GP or DKP cost of all the slots and divide it by 5, there's the GP/DKP value.

We are distributing them via PR/Loot council at present. We're giving out the trophies to those who are closest to their Tier pieces e.g. I want the shoulders and gloves only (the rest are rubbish compared to the non-set pieces) because these are the cheaper pieces I have higher priority than those who want the expensive pieces (provided they are collecting badges at the same rate that is).

We raidroll for them.

Maybe the best system would just be to ask those people who already have the required number of Emblems of Triumph or are very close to it compete against each other for the Trophy (EPGP, DKP, Loot Council or otherwise).

That way you ensure that the Tier piece will be used as soon as possible, thus helping the raid.

Each of the 3 regular tanks got a trophy (which we all used to buy shoulders with) and I believe the rest are being free rolled... Not exactly how I would do it as I don't really agree with loot councils/free rolls. I would assign dkp or epgp values to them and make people spend their points for them..

We do an open roll for everyone in the raid. We use EPGP and its difficult to assing a value to it when the trophy can be used for multiple slots which would have a different GP value depending on the slot. Also because the trophies will require work outside of the raid in order to actually use in a timely manner (for the emblems) we decided to treat the trophies as almost a bonus loot. I could see assigning a base gp value to them to keep the same people from getting one every boss but we have not done that yet.

We use DKP in general but for trophies we do our tanks first, then healers/dps based on raid attendance

We also use DKP and treat their value the same a tier piece.

Like many we use dkp and treat the value flatly. Because of the rate of influx of emblems however we ask that people avoid bidding if they already have one trophy. Far more effective for a few people to have a new item than one person to have several trophies in their bags.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt View Post
    We also use DKP and treat their value the same a tier piece.
    Same, however a lot of our people are skipping on them. Their loss when we start picking up 30-40 badgers/week.

The flip is happening for us. People are bidding outrageous sums at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboe View Post
    Their loss when we start picking up 30-40 badgers/week.
    Everyone loves a good badger

We use DKP bidding + main tank clause to distribute our loot. This means that the main tank took the first trophy and then the trophies after that have been bid on. The only special comment we have made about the trophies is that we have made it pretty clear that no one should be taking a second trophy if they still have their first one sitting in the bank waiting for the emblems to be able to turn them in.

Even if you are running both the 10 and 25 man TOC (they give the same number of triumph emblems) and are doing the heroic daily every day for 2 per day no one is close to having enough emblems for their second trophy. Once the main tank is close to purchasing another set piece another trophy will be distributed there and then bidding will resume as normal.

The way we have been doing it is each tank got 1 then we've been going through everyone who has kept up on their badges, basically rewarding the people doing mind numbing dailies.

A trophy costs the same as any other piece of gear in our zero sum DKP system, everyone who wants one rolls and highest DKP wins it.

I do not treat them any different from any other gear piece. However, if a person who has very few Triumph badges I may ask them to pass to a person who can immediately purchase their tier piece. I do have a few people who regularly skip the daily Heroic and do not do 10 Man ToC.

Kazeyonoma forgot to mention that we don't let someone get 2 of the badges until they've redeemed the first one. I.e. we don't want someone sitting on 2 unused badges and someone else with 75 Emblems of Triumph sitting there without a badge to redeem.

As far as tanks getting priority on stuff, I guess some guilds run that but we never have. Having well-geared DPS and Heals is just as important as having a well geared tank. And gearing up one tank at a time seems like a situation ripe for disaster, as what happens if your tank, having gotten geared up, decides to look around for a guild upgrade? We don't seem to struggle on progression, and me (a DK tank), our Paladin tank, and our warrior tanks (Kazeyonoma and one other) don't have the best gear in the guild.

Much better to spread out the best gear among a lot of players than concentrate it in one guild member's hands.

We treat them like any other piece of loot of ilvl 245. You basically need to choose whether or not you want any of the 245 pieces bad enough that you're willing to spend emblems on them rather than picking up one of the other amazing pieces purchased with emblems. I know I personally wanted to replace my T8.5 gloves and Freya has yet to drop her 239 tank loot so i scooped up one of these trophies.

Whoa, Sharrgu showed up in a thread =P Hi Corpus!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

No posting vids of me headbanging to Ozzy on Tankspot!

+ Reply to Thread