Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Earth, wind, & fire

Sorry if i'm missing something, but won't Koralons damage reach ridicullous levels as the fight progresses since the fire buff he recieves keeps stacking?

It's also worth noting that the fire he throws on the floor seems to have unlimited range, as on 1 wipe i was running for the raid entrance and got hit by hit even though Koroalon was miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Winkle View Post
    Sorry if i'm missing something, but won't Koralons damage reach ridicullous levels as the fight progresses since the fire buff he recieves keeps stacking?
    Yep. You aren't supposed to have eternity to down something. However, instead of a hard enrage after a fixed time period that typically averages out to 15x damage (i.e. one shots even tanks), it's a slow gradual death.

It's also worth noting that the fire he throws on the floor seems to have unlimited range, as on 1 wipe i was running for the raid entrance and got hit by hit even though Koroalon was miles away.
    I don't think it happens that way. He generally tosses cinders within line of sight. If he was lobbing it at you as you were fleeing, likely he had finished munching on everybody and was on your tail and you didn't see it, but he can lob it pretty far. I'm supposing you were either a sprinting rogue/ dashing cat or a blinking mage, I think those are the only classes that stand a chance of making it out alive, even pursuit of justice or DK equivalent is too slow.

Has anyone tried to do this yet? I'm curious to hear about an actual attempt. I saw someone asking in Trade channel the other day if the bosses would do damage to each other, and it got me curious to know if anyone has seen if there are any strange buffs, debuffs, damage etc. that happens if the three are brought together?

Quote Originally Posted by Eravian View Post
    Has anyone tried to do this yet? I'm curious to hear about an actual attempt. I saw someone asking in Trade channel the other day if the bosses would do damage to each other, and it got me curious to know if anyone has seen if there are any strange buffs, debuffs, damage etc. that happens if the three are brought together?
    Somehow, I doubt they damage each other. If they did, it would activate all the bosses as soon as somebody tried one of them. Clearly, thats not happening to those people who are not doing the achivie.

Looks like a guild has completed this on 10man already. Front page mmo-champ.

Looks like they pulled them all to Koralon's room. With someone single tanking Emalon, Archavon and I assume Emalon's adds. Now, that's got me thinking.

* I've done Emalon single tanked, if you have good dps it's actually not that hard.
    * I've also single tanked Koralon, if you have good gear and start juggling cooldowns towards the end it's easy. Unholy DK's would be best for Koralon I guess?
    * I've also killed Archavon before a single stomp, so he can also be single tanked. Plus we horribly outgear him at this point (I've tanked him as an arms warrior with a 2 hander before).

Put them all together and you got Earth Wind Fire? Easier said than done, but individually all the parts seems possible. Pull Emalon to Koralon split raid dps on the two when they get low, hunter/range MD's/kites Archavon to Emalon tank. Bloodlust Archavon down, then you have 1 minute to finish the other two.

It seems like a of crap going on in that room, fire, nova, overcharged adds, chain lightning. Also, the guild that did it is an Algalon/25 guild so they got some serious gear so they have that going on for them.

In hindsight I suppose you could pull Emalon dps him down some before running to Koralon. Emalon's enrage is 6(?) minutes so you should have plenty of time to just hold him low while you bring Koralon down then go get Archavon.

I would figure 1 block tank(warrior or pally) on Emelon/adds and 1 monster geared DK or feral preferable on Koralon. Then a feral in DPS gear keeping 2nd aggro on Archavon. The hard part really is killing them before Koralon gets too powerful. Koralon has to be pulled last because the other guys can nearly be single healed if people are smart.

perhaps the fabled GG 4/8 Tier 3 0CD LoH Pally is a must this early?

After watching the Videos, here goes my theory on how they did it
    10man 3 tanks 3 healers 4 DPS
    25man 4 tanks 4 healers 17 DPS
    All best geared that the current patch offers.
    STRATEGY
    1-Clear Trash
    2-All raid Sets up near Koralon
    3-MainTank kites Koralon to Archavon (DPS burning Koralon but not killing, Off-Tank stacking)
    4-Off-Tank tanks Archavon while stacking on Main-Tank (DPS burning Archavon but not killing)
    5-Kora Tank tanks up Archavon when Off-Tank is picked up(Off-Heal heals Main-Tank)
    6-Off-Off-Tank tanks Emalon and Adds (fight is done normally)
    7-Tanks damage output should kill Koralon and Archavon just as Emalon dies.

changes in 25man...
    1- 3 tanks and 3 healers for Koralon and Archavon(the tank who is not tanking Koralon or Archavon is there to pick up Archavon when he picks up his tank)

Please note this is my theory on how they did it. I however have not done this achievement.

^_^ In my dreams I have it on farm and Solo-Tank all 3 Bosses ^_^.

The way we did it -

4 tanks, 5 heals (do not underestimate the amount of raid damage being put out here).

We setup in the middle area.
    1. Misdirected Koralon (K) to start
    2. Pull Archavon (A) and bring him to the middle with K.
    4. Most of the raid runs to Emalon (E) when K&A are at about 10%
    5. Burn E as fast as possible and communicate when to start bringing them all down.

Notes:
    1. After about 7 minutes, K gets too powerful to handle, so for us, that was our overall time limit.
    2. A has a 5 minute hard enrage - we needed him to die first.
    3. Those circular holes in the middle area create a lot of LOS issues. Oh, and Archavon will "drop" the tank down one of those if you foolishly decide to tank him next to it like we did on our first attempt. ("Wtf - Sark, how did you die?" "Umm, I think Archavon dropped me down the hole")
    5. We did it post 3.3 so we had the extra fun of getting to kite Archavon down about 100 miles of hallway. This changed our initial strat since you cannot afford to have any large portion of your raid spending all that time running.

1. After about 7 minutes, K gets too powerful to handle, so for us, that was our overall time limit.
    I'm confused. Isn't this achievement supposed to take place within 60 seconds?

Earth, Wind & Fire (25 player)

Quote Originally Posted by atcq View Post
    I'm confused. Isn't this achievement supposed to take place within 60 seconds?

Earth, Wind & Fire (25 player)
    They all need to die within 60 seconds of eachother. How long the engagement lasts overall is dependent on which strategy you use.

I really don't know how you can do it without a tank with 400+ fire resist (4 piece bc epic set + ony rings + flask of resistance) on 10man esp with grab + fire fists. The damn "loltoravonpathadds1minute of walking and not dpsing" makes things that much harder than before, then again we have 264 gear, so it balances out.
    Last edited by gacktt; 01-22-2010 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sark View Post
    The way we did it -

4 tanks, 5 heals (do not underestimate the amount of raid damage being put out here).

We setup in the middle area.
    1. Misdirected Koralon (K) to start
    2. Pull Archavon (A) and bring him to the middle with K.
    4. Most of the raid runs to Emalon (E) when K&A are at about 10%
    5. Burn E as fast as possible and communicate when to start bringing them all down.

Notes:
    2. A has a 5 minute hard enrage - we needed him to die first.
    3. Those circular holes in the middle area create a lot of LOS issues. Oh, and Archavon will "drop" the tank down one of those if you foolishly decide to tank him next to it like we did on our first attempt. ("Wtf - Sark, how did you die?" "Umm, I think Archavon dropped me down the hole")
    5. We did it post 3.3 so we had the extra fun of getting to kite Archavon down about 100 miles of hallway. This changed our initial strat since you cannot afford to have any large portion of your raid spending all that time running.
    Same way we did it in 25 man. Only difference would be that we had Archavon, Emalon and Koravon all pulled to the respective entrances to their corridor.. ie: the intersection.

Koravon and Archavon are brought to 5% while Emalon is left in tact, Once Koravon and Archavon are at 5% we rushed over to kill Emalon and popped Heroism/Bloodlust, Once he reached 10% HP, we had the tank rather quickly drag him backwards up the hall to give us maximum time and minimum running distance between his death to be able to finish Archavon and then Koralon in respective order.

Was lucky enough to do this prior to 3.3 so we had much less running up and down hallways.

10-Man kill was a little messy us and i honestly cant remember the strategy we used.. or if we would even classify it as a legit strategy and probably wouldn't be recommending something so messy for a 10man to those attempting, but worked for us. (barely)